I cannot put into words how happy it has made me to finally be able to visit my favourite city. Over the years I have visited New York City approximately four times but it has been 10 years since my last stay. Which just so happened to be the one and only time where I was actually able to see the city. As you know a major metropolis like NYC is constantly changing so one can only imagine what the last 10 years has done for the city.


With so much time passing between visits our weekend in the city was jammed packed with activities and things to see, so much so that my family expressed concern with our ability to see and do everything on my list; but as I always say if there's a will, there's a way.

We stayed in Midtown Manhattan, which was perfect for us as we were located right in the heart of the city, minutes away from just about everything you could need or want ―food, entertainment, transit, everything. Our hotel was less than a block away from Times Square so not only did we spend our first evening exploring midtown but we were also able to take a walking tour of Times Square. This was my first time walking through Times Square and it is exactly how you'd imagine it to be, large skyscrapers, tour buses, flashing billboards, dancing costume characters and lots and lots of tourists. And truthfully I loved every minute of it.


After touring Times Square we made our way over to Rockefeller Plaza to pick up our tickets for our Top of the Rock tour that following evening. I was blown away by how beautiful the plaza looked and I couldn't help be imagine what it might look like when it is decked out for the Holidays. Perhaps I'll have to come back so I can see for myself. 

Once we had our tickets we made our way over towards East Midtown, or was it towards Murray Hill maybe it was toward Kips Bay? I honestly can't recall which neighborhood we entered but it was both serene and peaceful. To conclude our evening on top of my Uncle's friend's rooftop to take in it's stunning view of the City. On top of the roof we even lain witness to a proposal and with a view like that how could she say anything but yes. I mean that giant rock he presented her may have been a factor but I digress.


And that concludes day 1 of our trip. We spent the first half of the day traveling but I think we still managed to see and do a decent amount of stuff. Stay tuned for part two of our trip coming later this week.


Post a Comment

Instagram