Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge With Charcoal

Saturday, September 03, 2016


Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge

I'm dedicating today's post to the latest addition in my skin care routine, this konjac cleaning sponge by Boscia. This little sponge has received a bunch of mixed reviews but over the last few weeks I've actually grown quite fond of it. This sponge is infused with natural fibers from the root of the konjac plant, which is an Asian plant that is used for both consumption as well as holistic properties. In this case the fibers are used for their absorbent nature which helps to draw out impurities from the skin. The sponge is also infused with bamboo charcoal and is designed to gently cleanse and exfoliate the skin. In conjunction with the charcoal as well as it's pillowey shape the sponge claims to fight blemish causing bacteria as well as reduce the appearance of pores. This cleansing sponge is formulated for combo to oily skin types.

This sponge, despite being hard as a rock when you first unbox it, becomes incredibly soft and squishy once it comes in contact with water. It is also much softer and more gentle than your average rotating cleaning brush and more effective then your ordinary cleansing cloth. To use, soften the sponge with warm water before adding your favourite facial cleanser. Next gently massage your face using circular motions to remove dirt, makeup and impurities. After each use rinse the sponge clean and hang in a well ventilated place.

I find this cleansing sponge to be a welcomed addition to my night time skin routine. I initially picked up this sponge following my trip to Montreal when my skin was seriously acting up. Since using it I have noticed that not only is my skin much softer but my dark spots/ acne scars are also less visible. In addition to those areas I have also experienced less major breakouts and my largest pores have even reduced in size. All in all I am pleased with this cleaning sponge and look forward to what my skin will look like with continued use. The Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge retails for about $19 CND and can be found at your local Sephora stores as well as online.



No comments :

Post a Comment