Over the years I've shared quite a few recipes here on the blog, the majority of them being for cookies. I guess it goes without saying that cookie are by far my favourite thing to bake. Over the last three years I have shared numerous recipes for a variety of  seasons, like my ginger-bread cookies, as well as utilized quite a few seasonal ingredients like my original pumpkin spice and my pumpkin chocolate chip recipes. Today however I want to take it back a bit and share a recipe for one of my all time fave cookies, Oatmeal Raisin. These cookies are everything I love about cookies. They are soft, they are chewy, they are sweet and most importantly they are loaded with raisins. Now I know raisins can be a controversial topic so if that scares you off I suggest you eighty-six the dehydrated grapes and swap in something else. Chocolate chips, cranberries, and any sort of chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans would serve as a tasty alternative.



I N G R E D I E N T S:

1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used Avocado Oil)
2 tablespoons milk
1 egg
1/2 cup raisins 


D I R E C T I O N S: 

Preheat oven at 375°F.

In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
 
Next add the brown sugar and old fashioned oats. Mix well and set aside.

In another bowl lightly mix together the vegetable oil, milk and egg. Then pour the mixture directly into the first bowl combining it with all of the dry ingredients. 

Once fully combined add in the raisins. This is a really dry and crumbly cookie dough, but don't let that fool you, these cookies are light and fluffy and incredibly moist. 

On a parchment lined baking tray form small round-ish balls of dough and place them about 1.5 inches apart. Be sure to press each cookie down before baking. The baking powder will allow them to rise but by pressing them down slightly you'll be able to get a more attractive shape. 

Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies  to cool on the tray for about 3 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.


Another thing I love about this recipe is that it requires minimal clean up. There is no electric mixer involved and if you'd like you can skip the extra dish and mix the entire thing in one large bowl. How nice is that? Anyway, this recipes makes about 2 dozen cookies and should be stored in an air-tight container for up to a week.  If you decide to try about this recipe for yourself don't forget to tweet me photos. Finally if you haven't done so already be sure to follow xo.Janiecy.xo on Bloglovin' to stay up to date on all of my future posts. 

Instagram