Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder

Friday, May 13, 2016


Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder

A few months ago, on a whim, I picked up the travel version of Laura Mercier's popular translucent setting powder. After baking, the concept of using a damp makeup sponge to apply a seemingly large amount of powder to set ones makeup, thus prolonging the wear of it, took off this past summer I've been interested in testing out a few of the popular options to see if one would reign supreme for me and my oily skin. Those of you who have been reading this space for a while now know that I am ride or die for my MUFE HD Setting Powder, so that will be what I compare this Laura Mercier powder to.

The Laura Mercier Translucent Powder is a lightweight powder that easily blurs the look of imperfections and provides a silky and flawless appearance. The formula utilizes the finest French “Cashmere Talc” to attain it's feathery texture and sheering capability. In addition to it's formula the powder is so finely milled that it practically disappears when blended onto the skin. What makes this translucent powder so unique and interesting to me is it's slight tint. Unlike the majority of translucent powders, that are white in appearance, the Laura Mercier one has a beige tint to it. The slight tint not only makes it the perfect match for all skin tones but it also eliminates the ghostly white glow that other powders create. The Lauara Mercier powder is build-able and can be used on it's own to blur the look of fine lines or wrinkles.

In comparison, the Laura Mercier powder is just as soft and lightweight as my MUFE powder and even does an equally good job at setting my makeup. Both powders are easy to build and blend out. The most noticeable difference between the two are their appearances. Like I mentioned before, the Laura Mercier powder is tinted and the MUFE is powder is stark white. Because of it's colour I do find that the MUFE powder does create a white cast on my face when I apply too much but it doesn't bother me much as it is something that can easily be fixed with a spritz or two of setting spray. In addition to it's appearance, another notable difference between the two powders are their formulas. The MUFE powder is "Talc Free" while the Laura Mercier powder is not.

In terms of which powder I like better, I honestly like them both. They are both great options for setting makeup and baking but I will say that the MUFE does cut down the appearance shine and keeps me looking matte longer than the Lauara Mercier. With the Lauara Mercier one I find that I need to blot and touch up more often throughout the day, while one mid-day blot is all that is required with the MUFE powder. The Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder retails for $28 and $47 CND and can be found at your local Sephora Store as well as online