Lakeside Walks

Monday, May 30, 2016



Yay! Summer has finally made it's way to The 6 and I couldn't be any happier. Victoria Day long weekend kicked off the season and brought with it some amazing summer weather. To celebrate I had to steal a few minutes away and head to the lake. There is something about the warm weather that just draws me to the water and makes me want to spend an entire day strolling along the shore, eating ice-cream and skipping rocks or more like tossing rocks and watching them sink. Did you ever skip rocks as a kid? I think I lacked that talent, no matter how hard or light I tossed or what sort of wrist movement I used mine would always sink. Anyway, here's what I wore for a summer day by the lake. 

Denim shorts are my go to for a hot day and I'm a firm believer that you could never have too many pairs. American Eagle produces my favourite style. Their festival shorts have the perfect mid rise fit as well as my preferred length. Needless to say, for me and my long legs Short Shorts are a No-Go. I chose to pair my black cutoffs with a white embroidered tank and an old pair of thong sandals. Let me know how you're celebrating the arrival summer also shop below for some additional options. Oh and if you have yet to do so don't forget to follow the xo.Janiecy.xo on Bloglovin' to stay updated on upcoming posts.


Top: Old (similar here & here) // Shorts: American Eagle //  Sandals: Old (similar here & on sale here) // Watch: Guess // Bracelet & Ring: Pandora


Photography by: Winleith