Romantic Valentine's Day Makeup

Sunday, February 14, 2016



Happy Valentine's lovelies. Since it has been a while since my last face of the day post, and with it being VDay and all, I decided to sit down and create a look that I believe would be perfect for the occasion. And to my my delight I actually love what I came up with.  This makeup look is different than my usual, because I manged to stray away from shimmery shadows and kept this look completely matte. Which is rare for me as I love a good shimmery lid or inner corner. For this eye look I utilized my beloved Lorac Pro 2 Palette, which I reviewed in detail in my last post. Anyway, I hope you like this soft and romantic Valentine's day makeup and if you'd like to known what I used to achieve it keep reading.

Starting with my eyes I began by priming my eyelids with my too faced shadow insurance, then with a blending brush and the colour nectar I applied it all over my lid as well as in my crease, to not only set the eye shadow primer but to act as our base shadow. Next with a fat crease brush I picked up the shade plum and applied it to the outer v, dragging and blending it into the outer half of my crease. Following with a clean blending brush, I blended around both shadows to get rid of any harsh lines, before proceeding to apply more of the nectar shadow, with a flat shadow brush, onto my lid. Before moving on to liner and mascara, I applied the shade buff under my brow bone as well as in my inner corner. 

Prior to moving on to my face I filled in my brows using my Anastasia of Beverly Hills dipbrow and my urban decay tinted brow gel. In preparation of my foundation, I primed my skin using both of my holy grail make up for ever step one skin equalizers, in smoothing and mattifying. If you are interested in hearing my thoughts on them you can check out this post here. Next I of course had to use my beauty blending to apply my favourite Estee Lauder foundation, but before I highlighted and concealed any imperfections using my mac pro long wear concealer, I was sure to contour my cheek bones using my Bobbi Brown foundation stick. This is a relatively new step in routine and it's a welcome addition. Using my new Laura Mercier translucent setting powder I set my entire face then proceeded to apply not one but two blushes. Excessive? Perhaps but I have been using the pair together for over a week now and I don't think I can go back to using just one. The blush duo in question in my beloved NARS sin blush with my mac lavish living mineralized blush ontop as a highlighter.

Before completing my makeup and spritzing my face with my urban decay setting spray, I headed back to my eyes and smudged some brown liner on my lower lashline and smoked it out using that same plum shadow as before. I also applied some mascara to my lower lashes as well. Finally I lined my lips with mac whirl liner and glossed them with NYX tiramisu butter gloss


And that completes my romantic matte Valentine's day inspired makeup look. I hope you enjoyed it. I tried to use as many new products as possible, though my tried and true items always have a way of sneaking into the mix. Let me know what you think of this look in the comments below and if you haven't already, don't forget to follow via bloglovin' to stay up to date on all my latest posts.