Sephora Purifying & Mattifying Mud Mask

Thursday, January 21, 2016


Sephora Purifying & Mattifying Mud Mask

It's been a minute since I wrote a product review and since I am due for one I thought I'd share one on a product that I have been testing for a while now. Early November I came to the end of my second bottle of my origins clear improvement facial mask. If you've been following my blog for over a year now you'd know that my obsession with the mask runs deep. That being said the product wasn't exactly flawless. As much as I adored that mask I wasn't thrilled with it's packaging. I often found that on nights when I wanted to target specific problem areas, I somehow always managed to squeeze out too much product. Along with that, whenever I would near the end of a bottle I would never be able to get the remaining product out, thus prompting me to cut open the bottle and scoop the remaining product out. Which by doing so would then lead to the product drying out before I could finish using it. And yet despite of these miner issues I still loved the product regardless. However, when I came to the end of my most recent bottle I saw the opportunity to try something else. 

Sephora brand products, particularly their skin care, have been getting a lot of attention recently as the brand has begun to expand their line as well up their overall quality to stand among their top luxury competitors. One specific product that has been generating a lot of buzz is this mask here. The Sephora purifying and mattifying mud mask is a deep cleaning zinc and copper mask formulated to cleanse the skin, deep clean pores as well as reduce the look of imperfections. In addition, the mask also helps to mattify the skin by absorbing extra sebum without being overly harsh and drying it out. This mask is noncomedogenic, dermatologist tested and formulated without the use of  parabens.

The mask has a muddy grey appearance that upon application dries to lighter green-grey tint. I like to use this mask twice a week to give my skin a proper deep clean. Following my usual cleansing routine, I apply an even layer across my face, massaging in circle motions until my face is covered. I then let it dry for approximately 15-20 minutes and then rinse my face clean. One thing I noticed right of the bat is that this mask is powerful. I know that might sound like a funny thing to say but from my first initial use I noticed that this mask packs a punch. Not only does it dry quickly, but I as soon as I apply it I can instantly feel my skin become tighter and can see the excess oil being pulled from my pores. Now because I also have sensitive skin I also experience a slight tingling sensation throughout the first few minutes, prior to application, which I know is all too common with clay masks as my Origins' one did the same. Along with the tingling sensation  I, like many others, have noted the mask's strong earthy scent. The powerful scent has been an area of concern for some, however I personally don't mind it. The only thing I'm concerned with is that the mask does a good job and actually does what is claims to, which is does tenfold. Overall I noticed a huge difference in the size of my pores and for any active breakouts I may be experiencing they are calmed and healed faster than before; which is the number one benefit I look forward to when using this mask. Well that and it's convenient packaging. Did I mention that the mask is stored in an air tight jar that makes spot treatments and easy feat? The Sephora Purifying and Mattifying Mud Mask retails for around $24 CND and can be found at any of your local Sephoras as well as online.