2015 Lifestyle Favourites

Thursday, January 14, 2016



After giving it much thought I have decided to share my lifestyle favourites for the previous year. Unfortunately, I am still not able to share one dedicated to fashion items as I honestly don't have anything exciting to share. That being said, I have included two of my favourite accessories in today's post. Like I said in my previous post, 2015 was whirlwind and I am eager to see what 2016 has in store for me. Now let's move on to the lifestyle faves. 

L I F E S T Y L E

Canon T5i DSLR & Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens, my first two favourites I have yet to show on the blog and it's because they are used behind the scenes. That's right this year I became the proud owner of my very own DSLR camera. This past spring I bit the bullet and purchased a gently used Canon T5i camera and later on in the summer I purchased my own nifty fifty lens. I honestly grow more and more in love with my camera everyday. I never thought I would own my own dslr and now I don't know what I'd do without it.

Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 Lens, in addition to the camera itself I am also a proud owner of a very fancy zoom lens, which came with the camera I purchased. A tad large and in charge for everyday blog photography but I adore it for taking landscape and scenery photos. 
    
Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Polaroid Camera, and the last tech item I will be mentioning in the is post is my lovely polaroid camera.If you've been reading here for a while you'll know that I've been coveting this particular camera for some time now and although I only recently got it, it has been everything I've dreamed of.
 
Vanity Mirror, in addition to longing for the polaroid camera, I have also wanted  a magnified vanity mirror for ages. And again although I haven't had it for long it has already proven useful in the last few weeks leading up to the new year.
DIY Chanel Brush Holder, this fall I shared one of my hands down favourite DIYs here on the blog. The one for the Chanel inspired perfume vases/ brush holders. You can view the full post here and learn how to make one of your own. Everyday when I am getting ready I can't help but smile when I reach for my brushes and see this adorable vase housing them.

Accessories: Guess Watch & Pandora Ring, two accessory pieces that made into my post today are my stunning Guess watch and my beautiful Pandora ring. I have worn both items practically everyday since I got them. I love how the flowers on the ring complement the silver butterflies on the watch.
Books: The Girl on The Train, I read a few books this past year but the only one that sticks out to me as being half way decent is Paula Hawkins' The Girl on The Train. You can read my full book review here if you'd like.

TV: Empire, HTGAWM & Scream Queens, a few TV shows that completely sucked me in this year are Empire, How to Get Away With Murder and Scream Queens. All three of those shows are truly worth their fair share of hype. HTGAWM is full of twists and turns, Empire is a good balance between a comedy and a drama (it also has amazing music) and Scream Queens is outright hilarious. 

Movies: THG: Mockingjay Pt 2, Scorch Trails, Sadly I feel like I missed out on a lot of movies for 2015, as the only two that come to mind as being crazy good are The final installment of The Hunger Games and the second Maze Runner Movie. I know there has to be other so feel free to leave some movie recs down in the comment section.

Music, what is lacked in movies, 2015 made up for in music. Some of my favourite artists released some of the best albums this past year. In no particular order we have The Weeknd's Beauty Behind the Madness, Justin Bieber's Purpose, Big Sean's Dark Sky Paradise, Selena Gomez's Revival, Drake + Future's What a Time To Be Alive & Tori Kelly's Unbreakable Smile. And those are only the albums I've been listening to. If I were to get into singles we might be here all week. But now that I've brought it up what were some of your musical highlights from 2015? What were you listening to this year?


 And that brings us to the end of my 2015 lifestyle favourites. I hope you guys enjoyed reading about my fave lifestyle items and if you haven't already be sure to check out my list of top beauty products of the year.