2015 Beauty Favourites

Wednesday, January 06, 2016




With a new year comes a list of the best and most used beauty products. This time last year I was able to narrow down and share not only my top beauty products but my fave lifestyle and fashion pieces as well. This year, unfortunately, I am not able to do the same as I don't have any stand out fashion pieces to share. That being said if any of you are interested I think I could compile enough lifestyle items to feature in an upcoming post. 2015 came and went in a flash. It was truly a year of ups and downs, and although nothing really stands out to me right here and now I remain optimistic for the upcoming year. Now onto the holy grail beauty products. 

B E A U T Y

Too Faced Melted Long Wear Lipsticks in Melted Fig & Melted Chihuahua, these liquid lipsticks have a special place in my heart. I adore the formula and currently have my sights set on a few shades of the melted chocolate line. You can read my full review here. 

Maybelline Nude Nuance Lipstick, this is a new addition to my makeup collection but I've been wearing this lipstick practiclly everyday since I bought it. If you're looking for a creamier dupe for MAC's whirl lipstick look no further. 

Lorac Pro 2 Palette, after falling in love with the original I knew I had to own the second version as well. Lorac's shadows are out of this world and I've been reaching for this palette daily. Expect a full review with swatches very soon. 

Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Espresso, another new addition to my collection but being as new to contouring as I am a creamy formula like this was the perfect step into the sculpting world. I'm still getting  the hang of things but I love the subtle definition I can achieve from this foundation stick. 

Anastasia of Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Dark Brown & #12 Dual Ended Brow Brush, in attempt to step up my brow game I've been using these two items to achieve "goal" worthy brows. 

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, I've come full circle with this concealer. I started out hating it and now I'm obsessed with it. The coverage is great and the blendability is unreal. 

NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu, Something else that I picked up not too long ago and have fallen in love with. I've been wanting to try the butter glosses fro nyx for what feels like forever now and  now that I am a proud owner of their most popular one I too can sing it's praises. 

Sephora Mud Mask, to all those who say this mask is out of this world, I concur. You guys know how much I loved my charcoal mask from Origins but I wanted to mix things up and try something new. This one is also geared towards removing impurities and gunk from the skin. Expect a detailed review on how the two compare. 

Make Up For Ever Step One Bases in Mattifying & Smoothing, I have so much love for these makeup primers, just on the fact that they actual work and do what they claim . Yes, my oils are kept in check and yes, I notice a difference in my skins overall texture and appearance of imperfections. You can read my initial thoughts on the two here. 

L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara, my last holy grail product of 2015 is also the most recent. I typically love all L'Oreal mascaras and this one is no exception. I love how small and skinny the bristles are, as they are perfect for evenly coating my bottom lashes as well as adding volume to my top lashes. I only wish I could track down the waterproof formula.

 And that completes the list of my top beauty products of 2015. I hope you guys enjoyed reading about my holy grail product, let me know what some of your 2015 beauty faves are and be sure to check last year's beauty round up to see what products made the cut back in 2014.