Lovin' Lately | Make Up For Ever Step One Bases

Friday, October 23, 2015


Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizers in Smoothing & Mattifying | $19

This past spring Make Up For Ever released a line of makeup primers catering to all different skin types and concerns. These bases quickly became the talk of the beauty world as many beauty vloggers/bloggers began to sing their praises. Fast forward a few months later and I have finally picked some up to test out for myself. The first one I picked up was the mattifying one, an obvious choice for me and my oily skin. Next I picked up the smoothing one; something a bit different for me. Seeing as I not only suffer from extremely oily skin but sensitivity and blemishes I thought I would try it out in hopes that it would help with my makeup application.

Make Up For Ever describes their mattifying primer as the answer to unwanted shine and excess oil, as well as promises a lasting matte finish. Which I can say are all true statements and are all reasons why this primer is hands down my favourite of the two. Throughout the day when I'm not a huge grease ball I am sure to thank this primer for it's hard work and contribution in my routine. The smoothing primer on the other hand claims to instantly fill and blur skin imperfections for the appearance of silky soft skin and I can confirm that last part. After application my skin immediatly feels softer and smoother however I still find some of my more deep set pores to still be visible.
These primers all claim to prolong the wear of foundation, improve the overall makeup application and provide optimize results in terms of colour payoff and the overall finish. Now I can only speak on two of those claims being true. My makeup definitely wears longer as well as applies smoother but in terms of optimal colour payoff I wouldn't know where to look. That being said I really like both of these primers. The mattifying one has already reach holy grail status and I'm already planning to purchase the full size when my mini runs out. 

Make Up For Ever designed these primers to work together so that artists and makeup enthusiasts can combine them for their desired affect. Which is exactly what I like to do. I like to start off by applying the smoothing primer all over and then top it off with the mattifiying primer. I like to focus the application of the mattifying primer on the parts of my face that gets the most shiny, which for me is my t-zone, due to the fact that it is actually quite potent and a little goes a long way. Let me know if you've tried any of Make Up For Ever's new primers and what your thoughts are. Also don't forget to subscribe to xo.Janiecy.xo via Bloglovin' to be notified of future blog posts.