DIY Chanel Inspired Vases

Thursday, October 01, 2015



Today I would like to share a DIY that I've been wanting to do for months now. One day, a few months back, I was scrolling through Pinterest and stumbled upon a image of an up-cycled perfume bottle. The owner of the image transformed one of her empty perfume bottles into a vase; an ingenious use in my opinion. And ever since the image of such has stuck with me. Which is why today I would like to show you an easy way to achieve the same look of that miniature perfume vase without the hassle of slicing and cutting a small glass bottle. Here's what you need: 

A Vase
Mod Podge
Card Stock
Scissors
Craft Knife
Paint Brush

On thick card stock print out the label you would like your vase to have. I wanted to replicate Chanel's classic fragrances, Chanel #5 and Coco Mademoiselle, so with Microsoft Word to created similar labels. If you're interested in creating similar vases you can print out this image for yourself. Be mindful of size. You want your label to fit nicely on your vase, mimicking the layout on the actual perfume bottle. Once you're happy with the size of your label cut it out. For a straighter lines you can use a craft/ scrapbook knife or a small x-acto knife.

Next place your label onto your vase, marking it's location, then adhere it using the mod podge. Allow the glue to dry for however long the package indicates and be sure to seal the front of your label as well. That way your design will last for years to come. Set aside for a full 20 minutes or again for however long your bottle of mod podge says and there you have it. Your perfume bottle inspired vase is complete.



You are now free to fill it with whatever your heart desires. I decided to fill the larger with some fake flowers to liven up my bedside table, and I'm using the smaller vase to hold my makeup brushes. Let me know what you think of this DIY and if you try it out for yourself don't forget to tag and tweet me on all available social medias. Finally if you haven't already feel free to subscribe to xo.Janiecy.xo via Bloglovin' to be notified about future blog posts.