Updated Everyday Makeup -The Sweat Proof Edition

Friday, September 11, 2015



The weather these last few weeks have been unbearably hot and humid, I'm talking that stick to your skin, two showers a day kind of hot. And now that it has finally cooled down and is starting to feel almost Autumnal; It donned on me that I failed to share with you all my sweat proof makeup routine. As someone who has extremely oily skin I love discovering new tips, tricks and products that will help me stay shine free throughout the summer months. But before I get started if you have any tips of your own feel free to leave them in the comment section. 

I did my eye makeup the usual way. In the summer I like to keep it quite simple with the focus being on a really bright inner corner and lots of mascara. Though to ensure that my shadow remains crease free I used my Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Now it's not my favourite shadow primer but it's the one I have on hand. Moving on  I reach for my Lorac Pro palette and with fluffy blending brush I applied the shade taupe all over as a transition shade and then using a smaller shadow brush I applied a combination of cream and nude to my eye lid and then solely applied the nude shadow to my inner corner. I then messily applied a bit of liner to my top eyelid and proceeded to apply two coats of mascara to my top and bottom lashes. Before moving on to the rest of my face I of course had to fill in my eyebrows using the most perfectly matched brow shade espresso.

I've been using a new foundation primer as I finished my little baby hourglass primer. To replace it I picked up the step 1 mattefying primer from Make Up For Ever. MUFE's new line of primers have been receiving some pretty great reviews and I'm happy to say that so far I'm a fan. That being said if you want a full in depth review of the primer don't hesitate to ask. I honestly don't recommend wearing foundation when its ridiculously hot out  but currently I am between tinted moisturizers so of course I had to reach for my ole faithful Estee Lauder double wear foundation. The thing about double wear is that although it is so long wearing it can be sort of heavy, especially in the warmer months, which is why I like to apply it with a damp Beauty Blender. The beauty blender really helps to to sheer out the foundation, after that I of course applied concealer. This next step is what really makes all the difference and is truly what makes my makeup sweat proof. With my beauty blender I then proceed to set my face with my Make Up For Ever lose HD setting powder. This technique is called "baking" and it is a beauty trend that has completely blown up this summer; and with good reason. I didn't know how long lasting and matte I could get my makeup to look until I learned about this trick. Another thing I learn was that you will receiver a bit of a white cast if you go over board with this particular powder; so bare that in mind. Anyway I completed my makeup by topping my cheeks with my MAC sea me, hear me blush, spritzing some of my Urban Decay setting spray and applying some gloss. The lip gloss I've been reaching for most lately is UD sesso lip gloss, which is essentially a my lips but better colour. I adore the formula of this gloss, it's not sticky in the least and it feel so creamy and soft on the lips. 

And that my friends completes the sweat proof edition of my everyday makeup routine. I hope you enjoyed this post and if you have any tips and tricks of your own feel free to leave 'em below.