Manicure of the Moment | Army Brat

Wednesday, September 23, 2015


There's just something about nude nails that instantly makes any manicure look more chic and put together. Whenever I don't know what colour to paint my nails I always reach for a nude polish. It's a safe choice. A nude manicure is guaranteed to go with any outfit, be appropriate for any occasion and look the most stylish. And with so many different shade variations you can't possible get bored, right? Wrong. Okay so this is mostly likely up to personal preference but for me I can sometimes get tired of a plain 'ole nude mani and want to spice things up a bit. Which is what today's post is all about.

If you follow me on Instagram, shameless plug, you might remember this pic I posted a few months ago teasing about sharing this nail look here on the blog. Well I forgot all about it until recently but that's okay because better late than never right? Anyway this little camo design is so easy to create and takes no time at all. First things first start by apply your favourite base coat to your plain nails and then decide which nail or nails you'd like to have the accent on; today I went with my ring and middle fingers. Now go ahead a paint the rest of your nails with whatever complimenting shade you'd like. I chose my go to nude shade by Revlon, in gray suede, but green or black would also look nice. 

After applying two coats of polish to your nails and allowing some time for them to dry you can proceed to your accent nails. For the camo design I used a combination of four polishes. The same nude polish I used on the other nails, a dark forest green, a bright yellow and of course a black. Now using a lite hand dab a small amount of each polish onto your nails alternating between different angles to create different size blobs. For this I think it is a good idea to start with the lightest shade working your way up to the darkest. So for me I would apply the beige polish first, followed by the yellow, the green and finally the black. That way it's a lot easy to cover the surface of the nail without trying to place a light shade over top of a dark one, but it's all personal preference. There's no wrong way to go about this design. Repeat this on each of your accent nails and allow about 5-8 minutes of dry time before you apply your top coat and ta-da! That's it, I told you it was easy.

For reference the polishes I used are Revlon gray suede, Rimmel Black Satin, and Sally Hansen Emerald City & Mellow Yellow. Let me know what you think of this tutorial and if you try it out be sure to tweet me picture or tag me on Instagram. And if you're not already subscribed to xo.Janiecy.xo and would like to you can do that via Bloglovin'. Till Next time.