Danforth Styling

Wednesday, August 12, 2015



Attending street fairs and carnivals is easily one of my favourite things to do in the summer time, though sadly I wasn't able to attend as many as I would have liked do to work and other commitments. That being said I was able to go to the Taste of the Danforth which took place this past weekend in Greek Town. Not many people know this about me but Greek Food is hands down my fave, which I think makes me a pretty good judge of Greek restaurants.  My family and I like to dine at a different restaurant each year and this year we ate at Christina's.  Now without going into full food critic mode let's just say that I was pretty disappointed with our meal. I mean I guess I can only speak for myself and what I had, which was the stuffed chicken breast with potatoes, but I honestly found my chicken lack luster and bland. But hey I guess that's the whole point of trying new restaurants; some will exceed exceptions and others won't.

Outfit wise I've had this little stripe number hanging in my closet for some time now. I originally got it late last summer, I'm talking right around this time, and with no place to wear it to, it sadly took up residence in the back of my wardrobe. That is until now. I would consider this dress a to be smart causal. Meaning that it can easily be dressed up or down. The cotton fabric makes it lite and breazy while the shape gives it more structure. There is also a slit on the side which I adore. I was worried that with a full day of eating ahead, I would regret wearing such a figure hugging dress but luckily that wasn't the case. Even once the second bread basket arrived at the table. Though I think next year I'll wear something a bit looser, you know just in case. 


Outfit Details: 
Dress: Aritzia (similar & on sale) // Shoes: Birks // Bag: Coach