Thrillingly Marbleized

Friday, May 01, 2015



I'm really excited to share this manicure of the moment post with you today because after seeing countless water marbling nail art techniques on pinterest and youtube I finally found a mess free alternative. An alternative that doesn't involve any water. Instead, to achieve this marbleized effect all you need is a scrunched up ball of saran-wrap. Allow me to explain.

For this look I decided to go for a marbleized accent nail so I started off by applying two coats of Sephora's Formula X nail polish in thrilling to all of my nails minus my ring fingers. There I applied two coats of Sally Hansen's white on polish, which is just a generic white. After waiting about 3-5minutes for the white polish to dry, I grabbed a small amount of saran-wrap or plastic wrap if you will, and scrunch it up into a ball. Then, with the scrunched up ball, I added a bit of the formula x polish to it and dab it onto my nail;
much like you would a stamp. For the accent I decided to alternate between three contrasting polishes. I used a dark purple, a bright orange and of course the formula x polish I applied earlier. After waiting for my nails to dry completely I adding a topcoat.

And there you have your mess free marble design. I really like the way my accent turned out and I like that I was able to try out a different technique. Let me know if you have ever tried this saran-wrap ball technique and if you're not already don't forget to follow xo.Janiecy.xo on Bloglovin' to stay up to date with all my latest posts.