Lovin' Lately | Too Faced Melted Lipstick

Monday, May 25, 2015


Lovin' Lately | Too Faced Melted Long Wear Lipstick (xo.Janiecy.xo)

I would just like to take this time to proclaim my love for these Too Faced liquid lipsticks. Last month during the Sephora spring sale I picked up two melted lipsticks after hearing nothing but good things. One in melted chihuahua, a beautiful nude, and melted fig, a gorgeous rosy mauve that almost resembles a darker Stila Patina. As some of you might recall from my Sephora haul, I originally picked up melted nude but I had to exchange it due to the fact that it was completely the wrong shade for me.

If you're not familiar with the melted lipsticks they're essentially Too Faced' take on liquid lipsticks. I mentioned briefly in my haul that I feel like I'm a bit late on the whole liquid lipstick bandwagon but I honestly don't think I could have eased into it with a better product. These lipsticks are so creamy and pigmented, they're not at all drying, and thanks to their angled felt tip applicator they're really easy to apply.

The overall formula of these are great, they're highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. They dry to nice satin finish and they're not remotely sticky. On me I can get a least three hours of wear out of these lipsticks, but of course that will depend on whether or not your eating or drinking; because the colour will tend to transfer ever so slightly. Additionally, I find that paired with a lip liner I can avoid that annoying feathering  that takes place around the edges of my lips after hours of wear. I know that Too Faced designed the applicator on these specifically so that you can coat your lips with ease but I actually prefer to use a liner, not only to help the colour last longer but I also like that I get a precised application, especially around my cupid-bow.

 I honestly don't know what else to say about these lipsticks, I so impressed and I truly believe their worth the hype. Oh, and if you're like me and you're looking to get into the whole liquid lipstick thing I definitely recommend these ones. I actually I have my eyes on another one in, melted coral. I think it would be such a good shade for the summer. As always let me know what you think of these Too Faced lipsticks and don't forget to follow xo.Janiecy.xo on Bloglovin' as well as all my other social media platforms.