Chocolatey Banana No-Bake Power Bites

Monday, May 04, 2015


Chocolatey Banana No-Bake Power Bites (xo.Janiecy.xo)
Chocolatey Banana No-Bake Power Bites (xo.Janiecy.xo)

I've been in a real chocolate kick lately and I don't quite know why, but whatever reason it is I'm going to make the most of it. I briefly stated in two of my previous recipe posts that I wanted to start including more healthy or health conscience treats here on xo.Janiecy.xo and that's exactly what I present to you today. These power bites also known as protein bites or energy bites are an amazing substitute for traditional cookies. These simple bite sized delights are beyond easy  to make, require no baking and are made with healthy ingredients that are garrenteed to satisfy your sweet tooth as well as keep you fuller longer then your usual cookies and milk combo. Read on for details.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ingredients:

1 cup Old Fashion Oats
1 Banana
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1/3 cup Honey
1/2 cup Peanut-Butter
  
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chocolatey Banana No-Bake Power Bites (xo.Janiecy.xo)Chocolatey Banana No-Bake Power Bites (xo.Janiecy.xo)
 
Directions: 
 In a medium mixing bowl combine the oats and the cocoa powder together. Next peal and smash your banana and add it to the mixture. 

Now add the honey and the peanut-butter and begin to fold the mixture into itself. Once your mixture is fully combined place it in the fridge to chill for about 30 to 35 minutes.

Once the mixture has chilled and began to set, with your hands form small 1" balls and place on a baking tray that has been lined with wax paper. With this recipe you should be able to make about 20-25 balls.

Next place you tray back in the fridge and allow for the balls to set completely. After that store in an air tight container and keep refrigerated for about a week; you know if they last that long.

There are so many different variations of these power bites floating around, so don't be afraid to play around and discover your favourite combination. Again these were so easy to make and taste so good, now I don't know if I'm ready to let go of my chocolatechip cookies for good but these are definitely a nice healthy alternative. Let me know if you'd like to see a few more variations featured on here, as I have a couple in mind, and as usual if you try out this recipe for yourself don't forget to tweet a picture or tag me on Insta, so that I can see your creation.