Utility Stripes

Friday, April 17, 2015




What, bare legs? That can only mean one thing. Yes the temperature has indeed started to reflect the current season. Being greeted every morning this week with bright sunny skies has made me so happy. So much so that I don't even mind being woken up, before my alarm, by the sound of chirping birds; I guess they're just as excited as I am for spring. The other day it was so warm that I thought screw it and embraced bare legs. I picked up this striped dress from H&M last summer and decided to layer my army green utility jacket over top. Since the dress is a bit on the shorter side (it's actually a bit longer than it appears here. Honest, it's just a bit bunched up in these photos) I like have slightly longer layers on top, I think it's adds some nice levels to an outfit. Oh and much like any spring morning that morning chill can have you second guessing your entire outfit. And speaking of my entire outfit, details as well as additional photos can be found below. 


 Outfit Details:  Jacket: Aritzia (Camo Print) // Dress: H&M (Similar) // Shoes: Converse 

Let me know what you think of this post, it was the first time I used my new camera outdoors to shoot outfit photos. I'm honestly obsessed with the quality of these shots, so you can expect a lot more posts like this here on xo.Janiecy.xo. Special thanks to my brother for snapping these pics for me and shout out to my dog who is chilling under the bleachers in the last photo. Oh and I almost forgot, let me know what you think about the new changes to my site. I'm always tweaking something on here but I really like the overall streamline and professional feel of it now. And on that note have a great weekend everyone.