Petal Pusher

Friday, April 24, 2015



Today I wanted to share a sort of updated makeup routine. It's nothing major, it's just the look I've been wearing as of late. I have also been trying out some new products that you might have seen in my latest haul. I'm still working out my camera set up so I relied on my phone to take that shot of my face, I hope you don't mind, it's just easier this way. Read on for details of this look.

For my eyes I began by priming my eyelids with my too faced shadow insurance, then proceeded to my Lorac Pro palette. With a blending brush I used the mauve shadow as a transition colour, focusing in my crease, which later I deepened ever so slightly with the shade taupe. Next I applied a combination of lt. pink and champagne all over my lid and the shade cream to my brow bone and  inner corner. Before completing the eyes with liner and mascara I applied some of my Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Tornado to my lower lashline. I love how the purple liner plays off of the purple tones on my eyes all while making my brown eyes pop and reminding me of pretty pink flower petals.

Moving on to my face, I broke away from my holy grail estee lauder double wear and opted to use the new NARS foundation I picked up last week at Sephora. I'm still testing it out but so far so good. The rest of my base makeup stayed the same; Hourglass mineral veil primer, Maybelline fit me concealer, MUFE HD setting powder. Though on my cheeks I did reach for my favourite mac blush and on my lips I wore my new too faced liquid lipstick with a dab of this sparkly clear Revlon gloss over top.

And that is the makeup look I've been wearing recently. My long time readers know that I don't actually wear all this every day, but for those of you who are curious or just stopping by, just know that I usually opt for this full faced look when I'm heading out or whenever I feel like looking glam. As always, let me know what you think of this makeup and if you haven't already don't forget to follow via bloglovin' to stay up to date on all my latest posts.