Shamrock Brownies

Monday, March 16, 2015




This past Christmas our family was gifted a baking set, or more appropriately so I was gifted a baking set, and within the set was a perfectly sized pan for making brownies or any kind of baked goods that require a shallow depth. You know like lemon squares, cheesecake bars, that sort of thing. Anyway ever since I laid my eyes on that pan aI knew I wanted perfect my recipe for brownies; which is exactly what I did this weekend. And because I love to share all my creations with you lovely readers here's the recipe.

This recipe may look like it calls for a lot, and it kind of does, but considering there is only like five steps and take less than hour I think we can let it go. Oh and since St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner I thought I would had some flair by topping off my brownies with four-leaf clovers sprinkles. Now onto the recipe.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ingredients:
  2 cups white sugar
1 cup melted butter
 1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs 
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/2 cup chocolate chips or chopped nuts

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Directions: Preheat your oven to 350°F.

In a medium mixing bowl combine the melted butter with the sugar. 

Next beat in the vanilla extract and the eggs. Set aside.

In another mixing bowl shift together the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. This will make sure that all the dry ingredients are evenly distributed; thus eliminating any possible pockets of baking powder or salt.

Slowly add the dry mixture with the contents of the previous bowl, be sure you mix well. Once the batter has come together add in the chocolate chips or the chopped nuts.

Finally pour your batter into a nonstick baking pan or a well greased tray and bake for about 20- 30 minutes.

Cool & enjoy.

This recipe is by far the easiest one I've come across. If you wanted to you could honestly dump all the ingredients into one big mixing bowl and call it day. I've been known to do the same from time to time. Note that these brownies have a drier exterior but are soft dreamy on the outside. If you want your brownies to have a softer and much gooey-er feel, just adjust the baking time. Let me know what you guys think of this recipe, I also want to try out some of those "healthy" or vegan variations that use ingredients like zucchini or avocado. Let me know if you'd like to see more healthy baking posts on xo.Janiecy.xo.