Drugstore Products that are Worth the Hype

Monday, March 23, 2015



A few weeks ago I shared some products that I felt were well and truly worth their surrounding buzz; and considering how well that post went down and the mere fact that there is so much overly hyped beauty products out there I thought I would share an updated post all about what drugstore products I believe are worth their hype. Again if you've been reading my blog for a while the majority of these products won't come as a surprise. Also I'm going to change things up and go by brand instead of by individual products. So without further ado.

Maybelline: personally I think Maybelline makes some of the best eye shadows at the drugstore. I've had this qaud in chai latte for years and as you can see I have used a great deal of the highlight shade. I also really like the concealer from their Fit Me line. You may rememeber when I first got it I couldn't stand it and I actually featured it in a dissapointing products post. However since then I have learned how to use it and I'm honestly obsessed with it.
   
L'Oreal: if you were to ask me what is my favourite drugstore brand I would hands down say L'Oreal. They have the best mascaras and liners. At the moment my holy grail mascara is miss manga. I love how long and voluminous it makes my lashes. I'm also a big fan of their super-slim liquid linear, as I find it to be the easiest method for applying winged linear. I am also really impressed with their lipsticks. Currently I only have two but I'm obsessed with the shade Kerry Rosewood; it's a sheer tone pink with a bit of subtle glitter.

Revlon: okay if you asked me what my favourite drugstore brand for lip products and nail polishes it would be without a doubt be Revlon. They have the best formulas for both their lipsticks and glosses. Their lipsticks come in different finishes; which is something you rarely see from other drugstore lipsticks, and their glosses aren't at all sticky. I also really like their nail polishes. Most people tend to lean towards the popular brands like Essie, but I believe that Revlon's polishes are just as good, if not better.

Rimmel: honestly I don't gravitate to Rimmel products nearly as much as other brands but as far nail polishes go I adore Rimmel's lasting finish pro line. I don't know why I haven't ventured out and got more but at the moment I have their black stain polish and it is my all time favourite black polish; and the brush applicator is curved and amazing at coating my nails evenly.

NYX: unfortunately my local drugstores don't carry a whole lot of NYX products, so I haven't been able to try much from them. However I do own quite a few of their pencil liners and they are really great; as you can tell by the black one which is practically a stub.

E.L.F: finally I wanted to talk about my E.L.F brushes. Again E.L.F isn't a brand that is easily found here in Canada, and Target Canada is now shutting down -let's not even talk about that because that's upsetting. Anyway at of the few E.L.F products I have I adore my brushes. They're cheap and the work great with minimal to no shedding. My favourite brushes are both from the dollar line and they are short flat eye shadow brush and the angled defining eye brush.

Miscellaneous: two products I want to talk about briefly are the Annabell liner I use to fill in my eyebrow, it's cheap and gets the job done and it also has a large colour selection so if you have a hard time finding a shade for your brows take a look at their line. I also want to talk about my favourite hydro care lip balm by Nivea. Nothing moisturizes my lips better during the harsh winter days like this balm.  

Those are all of the drugstore beauty products that I feel are worth the hype. Let me know if you've tried any of the products mentioned and what you think about them. Also let me know what type of post you'd like to see more of here on xo.Janiecy.xo and if you haven't already don't forget to follow via Bloglovin to stay up to date on all of my posts.