Manicure of the Moment | Blue Diamond

Wednesday, March 04, 2015



In the hopes of trying some different nail looks, as well as bringing some variation to my manicure of the moment posts, I came up with this look after seeing something similar on IG. If you remember from my previous motm post I stated that I wanted to reach for my nail art brush more and although I didn't exactly use the brush end when I was creating this accent I did however use the dotting tool on the other end. If you don't happen to own a duel ended nail art brush you can easily use a bobby-pin to create the dot, or you can leave that out all together.

I started off by taping off a small section of my accent nail, in the shape of a v. This step is tricky, so if you'd like you can create whatever shape is easiest for you or you could use a stencil. Next I applied two coats of this navy blue OPI nail polish, in the shade Russian Navy, to each of my nails. After waiting about 3-5minutes I carefully peeled off the tape to reveal the bare triangle. If you're not into the look of having a bare triangle on the accent nail you can paint a nude shade or any accent colour you desire underneath, just allow it to dry fully before adding the tape and painting over it. Now using my dotting tool I applied a small dot in to middle of the triangle to create visual interest to my accent nail. Wait another 5 minutes for it to dry completely to avoid smearing your work. Finish with your favourite topcoat.

 I'm really happy with the way my nails turned out. I feel like I'm really starting to get back into doing nail art.  As always let me know what you think of this look and don't forget to follow on Bloglovin' to stay up to date with all my latest posts.