Urban Decay On The Run Palette

Friday, February 20, 2015



Why yes, today is the day that I finally get around to the On The Run palette review that I promised you. Thanks so much for your patience. I received this palette for Christmas from my dad and step mom. I wasn't in the market for a new makeup palette considering I just got my Pro palette not that long ago, but since it was a gift and it wasn't just another eyeshadow palette I decided to keep it and I'm really glad I did. I only have one other urban decay palette, and to your surprise its not one of the naked ones, so I know how great they can be.

The On The Run palette is a limited edition travel friendly makeup kit that encompasses everything you could possibly need for a complete makeup look. The kit is encased in a beautiful rose gold case with a geometric print on the top. The palette also has the most satisfying magnetized closure, which helps keep it's contents secure. Inside it houses five exclusive eye shadows, a bronzer blush duo, a highlighter (5050), a mini tube of their perversion mascara, a travel sized liner and a full size of their Naked lip gloss. The shadows themselves are all in the neutral realm, fix and dare are the only two are matte shades and the other three, dive, resist and stun, are shimmers. These shadows have great pigmentation which comes as no surprised since UD shadows are known for such, however I do find that these shadows have a tendency to fade through out the day which is something I have never experienced with shadows in my Ammo palette. The fading isn't tremendous, like the shadows in my chocolate bar palette, but it is quite noticeable to say the least. I recommend using a good solid base.

Now the bronzer is far to light for my skin tone, it hardly shows up when swatched, not to mention it looks far to yellow for just about anyone to even consider using it to warm their complexion. I occasionally opt to use it has a transition shade in my crease combined with one of the matte shadows. I find that to be a much better use for it. The blush is a bright Barbie pink shade with the slightest hint of silver shimmer, it looks much more intimidating than it actually is. When applied or even swatched it is appears quite sheer, so much so that in a couple of hours you won't even be able to see it; at least that's the case for me. For increased longevity try layering it over a cream blush. Despite my disdain for the blush and bronzer I actually really like the highlight, not so much for my face but for my eyes, you know like under my brow bone, in my inner corner, the usual places. The Highlight itself is a sheer cream shade with a sort of salmon like undertone. It is probably the flattest looking highlighter you ever did see but I still like it for my brow bone, especially when I'm using the a lot of shimmery shades on my lid.

   The swatches as they appear Left to Right: 
Bronzer // Blush // Dive // Fix // Resist // Dare // Stun // 5050 // Stag Liner // Sesso Gloss

I have yet to try out the perversion mascara, as I currently have two tubes on the go and don't wish to open another one just yet, so I can't comment on the formula or anything else regarding it. Let me know if you'd like to see a first impressions regarding the mascara once I start to use it. Moving on the miniature 24/7 liner, Stag is brown black eyeliner exclusive to the palette, it's similar to their demolition pencil from the permanent line only slightly blacker with a satin finish as opposed to matte. I've grown quite fond of these liners since picking up the double ended Holiday set and I think they are the creamiest and long wearing liners in the game. I was pleasantly surprised that UD put a full sized gloss in this palette and not another mini travel version. The gloss is encased in stunning rose-gold packaging that mirrors the overall appearance of the palette, that being said the real star is the wand itself. In stead of your average doe-foot applicator this one is much longer and more tapered to ensure a precise application. The gloss itself is beautiful dusty rose shade that is quite pigmented yet still sheer enough to really transform any lip colour you layer it on top of. It has an odd yet minty scent and isn't sticky in the least.

All in all I adore the this palette and I am so happy that I decided to keep it. I also like that I am able to try out a variety of UD products, some new and some I'm already fond of, without have to buy them individually. To see this palette in action check out my updated everyday makeup routine. Let me know what you think of the On The Run Palette and if it's something that you're interested in. This palette can be found at Sephora and Sephora online as well as anywhere else Urban Decay cosmetics are sold.