Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

Wednesday, February 18, 2015


Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer | $21

I originally picked up the small size of Hourglass's popular mineral primer back in November to use after I finished my previous one. For the last few weeks I've been testing it out and I thought it was finally time I reviewed it for you guys.

Veil is a mineral based and water resistant primer that neutralizes the appearance of one's skin, helps combat shine throughout the day, minimizes pores and creates a uniform canvas for makeup application. Veil is fragrance free and formulated without the use of parabens, sulfates and phthalates; it also contains SPF 15. The product itself is extremely watery which is something that threw me off at first; I'm used to primers with silicone that apply like a gel or even a cream. I wasn't sure how I would apply this primer since my initial method would not suffice. After some trial and error I found the best way to use this primer is to mix it together with my foundation and apply it with my beauty blender sponge.

I really like this primer, again it's really different from the ones I've tried before. I was unsure at first how it work since unlike the other primers I can't apply it before hand and see how it looks prior to foundation, it also took me a while to figure out how much I need add to my foundation for best results (one and half pumps will do). Now whether or not it does everything it claims to let's see, my makeup does look better paired with primer than my previous one, though my pores look about the same, some areas are more visible than others. In terms of shine control I can't really say, I have really oily skin so it's going to seep through eventually, oh and in terms of how water resistant it really is I guess we'll have to wait till summer when things get hot and sweaty to test that claim out. Anyway, I really like this primer, its so light weight, you cant even notice it when it's mixed in to my foundation, it just fades away and does its job;  I can definitely see why it's so popular. I think I might even try mixing it with my eye shadow primer and see if it can work some magic on my oily eye lids. This mineral primer retails for about $21+ depending on the size and can be found at Sephora as well as anywhere else Hourglass cosmetics are sold.