January Favourites '15

Wednesday, January 28, 2015



Today's post is an exciting one because it's the first monthly favourites of 2015. These are all the products that have kicked off the new year for me and I'm happy to be sharing them with you. This month I'll just be focusing on the beauty side of things as I don't have many non-beauty faves to share. So without further ado here are my January Favourites.

  • Sally Hansen Chocolate Nut Nail Polish, as of late I've really been torn between being over dark shades of nail polish and not wanting to bust out the bright Spring-like colours. So with that I have been opting to have my nails be bare, that is until I rediscovered this polish in my stash. This polish is a burgundy toned shade with gold glitter that gives the polish an over all copper look.
 

  • Sparkly Silver Nail Polish by OPI (name unknown), speaking of metallics I also rediscovered this mini OPI polish. This little guy doesn't have a name but I'm pretty sure he is from the Muppet's collection OPI did some time ago. Anyway the polish itself is a beautiful silver with red, pink and silver glitter in it. The nail polish is also surprisingly opaque, one coat is all you really need.

  • Urban Decay Naked On The Run palette, I received this palette for Christmas and I've been playing with it ever since. My favourite part is this do it all palette is the mini liner and the full sized gloss. You can see it  featured in my most recent fotd post, and don't worry a full review is coming soon.

  • Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, another product I've been playing around with this month is this hourglass primer. I must admit at first I was having a lot of trouble getting this primer to work, I was caught off guard with the consistency but with a bit of trial and error I am happy to say I got it work and I love how it prolongs the look of my makeup. Expect a full review coming in the next few weeks.

  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz, another extremely hyped product that I've been trying out this month is the famous Anastasia brow whiz. I picked up this dual ended brow pencil, in the shade dark brown, on whim a few months ago after hearing countless people rave about it. Now as someone who is still trying to figure out the best method to fill in their eyebrows, I must say that this product is a lifesaver. Although expensive, it makes the whole ordeal a breeze.

  • Buxom Big & Healthy Lipstick in San Fransisco, I originally picked up this lipstick back in November and hauled it in my black Friday post but when I got back from the states I noticed that inside the box was the wrong lipstick so I an exchange had to be made. Now fast forward to January where I've been wearing the correct shade all month long. So long story short always check the contents of the box before you make your purchase or else you'll miss out on quality time with you beloved lippie. Ha. San Fransisco is beautiful satin pink toned mauve that can applied as a light wash of colour or built upon to a full statement fuchsia. To see what the lipstick looks like paired with the urban decay lip gloss from the on the run palette, see my recent fotd post here.

That's it for my last January favourites. Let me know what you've been loving this past month in the comment section below.