Updated Everyday Makeup Routine

Monday, January 19, 2015



I don't know about you guys but I'm really over winter, and the fact that we basically have another two months of it remaining isn't helping me get over my case of the blah's. That being said I thought I would give my everyday makeup routine a shake up and play around with a few new products I've received over the holidays. For Christmas I received Urban Decay's On The Run palette and I've really been enjoying it. If you aren't familiar with the palette it encompasses five neutral eyeshadows, two matte and three shimmers, a bronzer, a blush, a highlighter, a mini tube of UD's perversion mascara, a  mini 24/7 liner and a full sized gloss. You can expect a full review of this bad boy in the weeks to come, I haven't finished compiling all my thoughts just yet, just know that I've been really drawn to it these last few days.

After I have cleaned and moisturized my face, I begin by primer my eyelids using my too faced shadow insurance, then with my finger I dabbed a bit of white shadow, from my Lorac Pro palette, all over my lid to act as a base. Next with a fluffy blendig brush I used the bronzer as a transition colour, focusing in my crease, which later I deepened my with the help of the matte shadow dare. Prior to that I used my finger to apply the pinky toned shimmer shadow dive all over my lid. Most days I go back and forth with smudging a bit of the 24/7 liner pencil on my upper lash line to apply winged liner, today I went with the latter. After filling in my brows with the Anastasia Beverlyhills brow whiz, a new product that I'm testing out, I highlighted my brow bone as well as my inner corner with the none other that the highlighter provided in the palette. Next I applied the 24/7 liner to my bottom lash line and smudged it out with the help of both the dare shadow and the bronzer. I completed the eyes by applying two coats of mascara, opting to use my fave Miss Manga mascara by L'Oreal, rather than the perversion mascara from the palette. I'm not one that likes to have multiple mascaras on the go.

Moving on, I did my face makeup the same way I've been doing it for months now. This time trying out my mineral veil primer by Hourglass, before using my beauty blender I apply both my Estee Lauder foundation and my Maybelline fit me concealer. Of course we can not forget that I set my makeup with my MUFE HD setting powder before moving on to combining my Nars blush in sin with the blush from the on the run palette and applying it to my cheeks. On my lips I wore the naked lip gloss over top of my Buxom lipstick in San Francisco.

And that my friends completes my updated everyday makeup look. I mentioned this before but I figured I'm better off repeating it for the sake of my new readers, I don't actually wear all this makeup every single day of the week. I usually opt for this look when I actually want to wear makeup or if I'm heading out. Most days I can't be bothered. Anyway, let me know what you think of this makeup and what you think of the On The Run Palette.