First Impressions | Beauty Blender Solid

Monday, January 12, 2015


 Beauty Blender Blender Cleanser Solid Soap

I know it seems a little late for a First Impressions post on the blender cleanser solid soap seeing as I purchased it almost a month ago but I honestly I've only used it maybe twice since then and I wasn't exactly wowed by it.

For those of you who don't know the beauty blender cleanser is gentle soy based cleanser formulated to remove makeup, germs and left behind residue off of the bb sponges. The cleanser comes in two forms, a liquid soap and a solid soap and can be used on either brushes or sponges. I picked up the solid version a few weeks back after noticing that my beloved purple beauty blender was fading due to excessive use and routine cleaning. So in hopes to maintain the remaining colour and state of my bb I decided to try out the soap and see if it would make a difference.

I usually use a regular dish soap to deep clean my makeup brushes, and I know some of you will feel some type of way about that, but it is something that works for me. On occasion or whenever I feel like doing a spot clean I use a bar of soap to get the job done; and each and every time no matter which method I use I am happy with the results. I never feel as if my brushes are any less soft or that they are being damaged in any way, it just works.

That being said I wasn't sure what to expect when I decided to try out this cleanser I mean besides from the fading I've experienced with my bb I wouldn't necessarily say that this solid soap is any way better then the methods of cleaning I was using before. My brushes and my bb look and feel just as clean as they do without the cleanser and in terms of fading it's a little too late to test that out. Perhaps if I pick up another sponge I could compare the rate in which the colour fads to my that of my last one but until then I can't really say.

All in all I don't really see what's the fuss with this cleanser. I mean I'm sure it's probably a lot gentler then the methods I was using prior, and if I had a brand new bb to test out my theory on the fading I would, but I definitely don't see myself repurchasing it just because I'm worried I'm being too thorough with my routine cleanings.That being said I think the solid soap would be great to travel with or if you're a mua you could throw one in your case for on the go cleanings. The solid cleanser retails for about $20 CND and can be found at your local Sephora, their website or app, and wherever else Beauty Blenders are typically sold.

What do you think of the beauty blender solid cleanser, do you think it's worth the hype? Tell me, what do you use to clean your makeup brushes?