2014 Hall Of Fame | Best of Beauty, Fashion & More Pt. 3

Friday, January 09, 2015



I'm here with the final installment of my 2014 Hall of Fame series. You know the one where I share the best of the best, the most used, the holy grail status, and my all time faves for the previous year. As I mentioned before I didn't intend for this to become a three part series but to avoid a ridiculously long post that most likely wouldn't be of any interest I decided to make this into a trilogy or sorts. Before we get started on my lifestyle faves for 2014, catch up on my 2014 beauty faves by reading part one and my fashion faves in part two. Now that that's settled let's get on to my 2014 lifestyle favourites.

L I F E S T Y L E

Books: Gone Girl & The Maze Runner Saga, I read a lot of books this year but my two favourites are Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and The Maze Runner Saga by James Dashner. In my humble opinion Gone Girl was the book to read this year as it was set to be adapted into a motion picture in the fall complete with a whirl wind Hollywood cast. In that same boat I finally got around to reading the dystopian series The Maze Runner after hearing all from other dystopian book lovers. Although I must admit that this saga wasn't the best that I've read from the genre, I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend the three out of the four books.

Music: Ed Sheeran X, Taylor Swift 1989, Sam Smith In The Lonely Hour & Ariana Grande My Everything, the music in 2014 was amazing. I discovered new artists and fell more in love with long time faves like Ed Sheeran and Ariana Grande. My favourite albums of 2014 are X, 1989, In The Lonely Hour and My Everything.

Movies: The Fault in Our Stars, Divergent, Gone Girl, The Maze Runner, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Mockingjay Part 1 & The Other Women, there where so many good movie releases this past year especially where books to film adaptions are concerened. So here are a few of my favourite movie adaptions of 2014; Divergent, TFIOS, The Maze Runner, Gone Girl and Mockingjay Part 1. Some movies that weren't based on books I love include; How to Train Your Dragon 2 and The Other Women.
 
TV: Pretty Little Liars, The Originals, & Master Chef, I'm sure I've mentioned all of these shows before as I really do love them and I'm not too adventurous and have yet to start watching any of the fan favourite programs like Scandal or American Horror Story; yeah I guess I'm just boring like that. That being said this years season of PLL and The Originals have been top notch. The same can also be said for Master Chef.

Events: One Direction Concert & My 21st Birthday, special events that took place this past year include finally being able to see One Direction in concert, celebrating one year of living in our new house (which went by ridiculously fast), and finally turning 21 on the 8th of October.

Random: My IPhone 5S, My Bath & Body Works Sweater Weather Candle, & My Bed Room Paint Job, random favourites for 2014 include finally getting my iphone, stocking up on one of my new favourite b&bw candle scents, and giving my bedroom a little makeover.


This concludes my three part 2014 Hall of Fame post. I hope you all enjoyed the series and didn't find it too excessive. I really wanted to do something different this year and I really like how this trilogy turned out. Anyway, let me know what some of your 2014 lifestyle faves are let me know what other blog posts you'd like to see from me in the new year.  


 

No comments :

Post a Comment