Sonia Kashuk All That Jazz Brush Set

Wednesday, December 17, 2014


Flat-Top Blush Brush // Powder Brush // Foundation Brush // Angled Duo-Fiber Face Brush
Lash & Brow Groomer // Precision eye Brush // Crease Brush // Fluffy Shadow Brush // Angled duo-Fiber Eye Brush // Blending Brush
Sonia Kashuk All That Jazz Holiday Brush Set (LE)

Every year, like many other brands, Sonia Kashuk releases a few limited edition products for the holidays, which includes different makeup and brush gift sets. Sonia Kashuk is a drugstore brand that I heard a lot about as their products are always accompanied by a lot of hype in the beauty community. That being said I have never been able to try out any of their products because they aren't as easily available here in Canada. Seeing as I was in the need for some new brushes this set was right up my ally. This set comes with ten synthetic brushes. Four face brushes, five eye brushes, and one lash & brow grooming.

Again, I've heard nothing but good things about Sonia Kashuk brushes so I of course had my expectations set sky high; and let me tell you these brushes did not disappoint. I mean I had to deal with quite a bit of shedding, which isn't ideal but I get that it comes with the territory of drugstore brushes. I'm hoping that over time it will die down once all the loose bristles are removed and the ones that are in fact secure will remain in place. Which isn't that strange because a few of the eye brushes have already stopped. Let me know if that ever happens to you and your brushes, they shed for a few times and then stops entirely.

In terms of softness I view these brushes to be right in the middle. They're softer than my e.l.f brushes but aren't quite as soft as my real technique ones. Now in terms of durability I can for sure see these brushes standing the test of time. Despite the shedding  from some of the brushes, the base of the brushes and their handles feel really secure and since they're is no writing along the handles you don't have to worry about the print rubbing off.  Also the design of the handles make these brushes somewhat ergonomic in the sense that they are easy to grip and maneuver.

All in all I'm really happy with these brushes and I'm happy to have them in my collection. My favourite brushes are the angled duo-fiber face brush, for applying my blush as it picks up just the right about of product, the powder brush, because it's semi tapered at the top which makes setting my makeup breeze, the crease brush, for applying shadows to my outer-v and finally the blending brush. This may come as a surprise for some but I have never owned a proper blending brush before so I'm thrilled to welcome this one into my life.

You can find this brush set are Target and Target.com for around $34.99, though I'm sure you can probably find it on sale sometime after the Holidays. As always let me know what you think of this set in the comments below and let me know what your holy grail makeup brush is.