His & Hers Holiday Gift Guide

Monday, December 08, 2014



Today I wanted to share some gift ideas for both guys and gals. I  know for some it may seem a little late for gift guides seeing as Christmas is a little more than two weeks away, but I for one have yet to start my Christmas shopping and I know when it's crunch time we can all get a little stuck on ideas. I am usually someone who plans out different gift ideas on their phone but creating this post was really helpful for figureing out what to get those people who are difficult to shop for. Alright lets get on with the gift guide.

H I S
I don't know about you but I find men's gifts to be extremely difficult, probably because men never come right out and say what they want, you have to either a. probe them with a bunch of questions or b. go the practical route; as you can see I chose the latter. First up is a leather wallet, something every guy needs it's as practical as it is functional and you can find them at any men's retailer; this one here is from ASOS. Next is just a standard winter hat, something that any guy will get tons of use out of, this one is from American Eagle but again you can find nice hats just about anywhere. Pajamas also make a great gift 'cause they aren't usually something that guys think to buy themselves. Both the top and the bottom are also from American Eagle. The travel coffee mug can be a gender neutral gift as it's perfect for anyone who enjoys taking tea or coffee on the go with them. This is an ideal gifts for parents who don't have much time in the morning. This tumbler is stainless so not only does it look cool but it will also help your beverage stay warm longer. It can be found at Starbucks. Next is one if my personal favourite finds and it's this watch from ASOS. Watches make great gifts and it doesn't matter the brand or the price tag. The thing I like most about this one in particular is that it not only has a mixed metals which will go with everything, meaning that it can easily be dressed up or down, it also looks way more expensive than it is. Score! Finally we have a set of four sample size Calvin Klein Colognes. Colognes and fragrances of any kind make really good gifts but they can be tricky to purchase if you don't know what kind of scents someone's into. This set makes it a lot easier because there will most likely be at least one out of the four that someone likes. Sets like these can be found at any department store, this one in particular is from Sephora.


H E R S
 After going through countless gift ideas for men this part is breeze. Seriously I can't be the only one that finds shopping for men to be a struggle. Let me know what you find easier in the comment section below. Anyway on to the girls. Like I said above pajamas make the best gifts, especially when they're this cute. This pair is from American Eagle, I forgot to mention this before but personally I like receiving pajamas that are not themed, meaning that I can wear them anytime, but lets be honest I'll still wear my xmas pj's in the middle of summer. Moving along, phone cases are another good gift option because so long as you know what phone model you need you can't go wrong and you can find really cute cases just about anywhere. This one is actually from Marc Jacobs and it's one I've been eying for a while now, I definitely recommend having a look online if you are interested in this case because it can get quite expensive. Ain't nobody down to pay $38 for a phone case, no matter how cute and adorable and perfect it is... Much like tumblers, mugs are also gender neutral, one can never have too many coffee mugs. This one is also from Starbucks and it's part of their holiday line. Now who would I be if I didn't include something beauty related in this guide. The rollerball trio set is from Marc Jacobs and the skin care pack is from First Aid Beauty, which includes a full size of their lip balm and a sample size of their moisturizer. Both sets are really good if you don't exactly know what that person is into, not everyone is going to be as in to the makeup stuff as myself so this is a nice safe option that a majority of women will appreciate. These two sets are from Sephora. Finally we have this colourful infinity scarf and and pair of matching mittens. Like I said you can't go wrong with some winter essentials, it something that will be used countless times during the season and will be well received. This bright colour blocking set from American Eagle and will go down well with girls of different ages but I recommend a more neutral tone for the more mature women in your life.


Well that's it for my his and hers holiday gift guide, of course there are a lot more stuff I could have included like books or even food but I couldn't fit them all. That being said let me know if you found these suggestions at all helpful and good luck with your holiday shopping.

No comments :

Post a Comment