Black Friday Haul '14

Wednesday, December 03, 2014



If you remember from last Wednesday's wishlist post I stated that I would be participating in the shopping extravaganza that is Black Friday. Black Friday is the day after American Thanksgiving where majority of retailers have extreme sales on their merchandise. Black Friday is known to kick start the Holiday shopping period. This year, however, something was off. I don't know if it's that fact that the majority of stores were open earlier than usual, I'm talking 5 and 6 in the evening on Thanksgiving day, as opposed to 12am the morning of Black Friday. I think it's a little off putting for stores to encroach on a day that is meant to be spent with loved ones. In addition to that I felt like some stores, more specifically clothing stores, weren't putting as much effort into their sales, as the ongoing trend of the weekend was 40% (or whatever) off of select items, the word select being key here. That being said the deals where still amazing for big ticketed tech items, so much so that my mom actually got a new t.v. for the family room; and may I just say that the HD quality is unlike anything I've ever seen before. Anyway before this post gets too long let's get into the haul.


 The first stop we made Friday morning was of course Target, which is where I found the gorgeous brush set that I mentioned in my wishlist post. I have yet to try these brushes yet but they feel crazy soft and you can expect a full review later this month. I also picked up two DVDs that were seriously marked down. I would have gotten more but I decided to keep it calm and just get two that I know I loved and are also based on my favourite books. If you remember from last year's black Friday haul I started growing my high heel collection and this year I picked up the perfect pair of nude pointed toe pumps. I really like how these are a brown toned nude not a pink toned nude which is perfect for my skin tone.

I also made a stop are sephora, even though I can get the same stuff back at home and non of the stuff I got was on sale, I was just running out of a lot of stuff and I thought why not just pick up the stuff I need while I'm here in a mall. Not only was I running out of my makeup primer but I was also getting low on my brow pencil so what better opportunity to try out the infamous Hourglass mineral veil primer and the Anastasia brow whiz. I also picked up a new buxom lipstick, because why not, and my free sephora birthday gift.



The most exciting stop we made was to Ulta. I've only been to one Ulta in my life and it was when I was visiting one of my cousins in Atlanta, I seriously wish we had locations here in Canada but I can only assume that the prices would face some serious inflation rates. Anyway, I picked up one of Urban Decay's Holiday eyeliner sets as I've heard nothing but good thing and I'm eager to give them a try. Though the most exciting thing I picked up is in fact the Lorac Pro palette. This palette is the whole reason for the Ulta trip since it's the only retailer that I know of that carries the brand. I can't wait to play around with it and of course I'll be doing a full review when the time is right.

So that's all the stuff I picked up this Black Friday. I was really disappointed that I didn't find any clothes that I liked but at the same time I really happy knowing that all the things I got are all something that I truly wanted. Let me know what you think of the stuff I got and if you yourself took part in any black Friday sales.