The Weekend | Deck The Hall + First Snow Fall

Monday, November 17, 2014




Christmas is HERE!! Okay maybe not, it just feels like Christmas is here because this weekend I helped my mom decorate the entire house to it's full festive glory. Oh and we also experienced are first snow fall of the year which has surprisingly put me in a great mood, despite the inevitable cold weather that goes right along with it, but more on that in a second.

This weekend was all set to be a boring one as I once again found myself off from work with no real plans, aside from binge watching Gossip Girl. which I decided I would rewatch after hearing about Blake Lively's pregnancy. Man I forgot how much I loved that show, and it's really taking me back to my early highschool days as I was highly obsessed with it back then. I spent the rest of the weekend helping my mom decorate the house for the holidays. I can't help but laugh at myself because as much as I like having the house decked out for the holidays, I don't really like doing the actual labour (yes I just referred to helping decorate the house as labour). I guess I should explain. I'll help put the ornaments on and tell you where to place the really nice ones but rifling through the storage closet for the decorations and actually putting up the tree, yeah that isn't my thing. Ha let me know if you feel the same way or am I just a horrible daughter?

On Sunday we experienced the first snow fall of the season which was really exciting, no not because I love cold weather or frolicking in the snow, or any winter activity that even involves being out in the snow; I'm not a big fan of winter encase you weren't picking up on that. But the real reason why I'm excited to see snow is that I get to wear my new winter parka. The weekend before last I purchased a new parka as the winter coat I had for seven years was bursting at the seams, I mean literally, the thing was ripped and falling apart. So r.i.p old winter coat, you've served me well. Anyway, I never got around to mentioning this, because I didn't do I birthday haul this year, but I received a gift card for Aritzia from my father, which I used to buy my new parka. Remember this wishlist post from last November? Well that's the exact coat I got. If you can't stop thinking about something, don't stop working for it. That applies to dreams, goals, and of course clothes. I'll talk more about my new coat later on, but for now I hope you all had an amazing weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment