Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

Friday, October 03, 2014



If you been following my blog for a while now you'll know that I'm a big fan of Urban Decay's makeup setting spray, specifically the one formulated to help control oil. I have combination to oily skin and I like any product that will help my makeup stay in place and not make me look like a grease trap by the end of the day. You're probably thinking that's all fine and good but why review the one for normal skin. I'm reviewing the original formula today because instead of repurchasing the De-Slick I picked up this one to see what all the hype was about and to see if my makeup looks any different. If you are interested in hearing my thoughts on the De-Slick setting spray, see this post here.

Just like the De-Slick, the UD All Nigher spray was developed in an exclusive partnership with Skindanavia. This spray claims to use temperature controlling technology to actually lower the temperature of your makeup to keep it looking fresh all day long, even in hot humid weather, without fading, melting, and settling into fine lines. Let me be the first to say that these are a lot of claims to be making, but I went into the first initial application with an open mind. The directions state that you must shake well, hold the spray up to 10" away and spray in either a T or X motion onto your face; which is exactly what I did.

Now I do see a difference in the way my makeup looks after a few minutes after I apply this spray. Just like the De-Slick I feel like my makeup instantly looks more put together and if I happen to be a little heavy handed with the translucent powder that day, and you can kind of make out a white cast, these sprays helps blend it all out. That being said I think this formula would be better suited for someone with normal to dry skin as it will not only help set their makeup but it also provides a nice dewy finish, which isn't something that I'm interested in, seeing as my skin looks "dewy" by noon, even midday depending on how hot and humid it is. I'll stick with this bottle and use it up but after that I will repurchase the oil controlling formula, as it puts up a better fight against my oily t-zone.

Let me know if you've tried any of Urban Decay's Setting Sprays and what you think of them in the comment section below. Who knows maybe I might grow to like the original formula when it becomes winter and my skin becomes little less oily. I'll keep you posted on the matter.
  

2 comments :

  1. I've never tried the Urban Decay setting sprays but I really want to!

    Hannah x
    BLAB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Should!! If you have normal skin I recommend the original but if you have oily skin like me I recommend the oil controlling one.

      xo, Janiecy

      Delete