The Weekend | Pumpkin Picking

Monday, October 27, 2014



The end of October is rapidly approaching and I for one have mixed feelings about it. As much I love this month and hate to see it come to an end, at the same time I'm ready to move on. It's a strange feeling but I guess I'm just craving that fresh start feeling you get with the beginning of a new month. However, we can't bid farewell without tackling one last form of business; Halloween.

After last year when my mom surprised us (more so me) with not one but two pumpkins, and I was determined to make this an annual thing. As I stated in my previous pumpkin carving post, which you can read here, I lived in a neighborhood were over the years we would get less and less trick-or-treaters as they demographic of the neighborhood would continuously change. So we never felt the need to get a pumpkin. Now that we live into a neighborhood with a wide range of kids we see a lot more trick-or-treaters. Though all that aside I think the real reason we got not one, not two, but three pumpkins this year is because of how much I enjoyed carving them last year. Seriously, I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.

Anyway, I like to call this the season of the white pumpkin, because I have never laid eyes on a white pumpkin before this year and now that's all I can see and think about; so this past Saturday I was determined to get one of my own. When we arrived at the farm we soon learned that they were completely sold out. I know it's only a stupid pumpkin but I was really disappointed, and even though we did leave with two good looking pumpkins I knew I wasn't going to be satisfied until we we got a white one. So naturally we stopped at another place that had a few white pumpkins left, and holy crap were they over priced. I'm not even going to tell you how much that little white pumpkin cost, I want to see if you can guess how much in the comments. So rule of thumb for next, either buy a pumpkin from the farm or you don't get a pumpkin. Ha. Later that day I carved them up and set them on the front steps. Don't worry I'll post a photo of the finished product sometime this week.

The rest of the weekend I spent reading, baking, watching movies, in translation I spent the remainder of the weekend sleeping in till the afternoon and catching up on blog posts. Tell me what did you get up to this weekend, are you excited for Halloween?


2 comments :

  1. I don't think I've seen a white pumpkin before, I really want one now!

    Hannah x
    BLAB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really pretty but I was surprised with how much they reassemble a cucumber/ zucchini on the inside. lol

      xo, Janiecy

      Delete