Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

Friday, October 17, 2014


Origins Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask

I'm about ready to secure my place on the bandwagon as I have fallen for another overly hyped beauty product. This time around it's a skin care product so I can sort of justify the means because who doesn't want invest in a well loved cult favourite product for the sake of having really nice skin, am I right ladies?

About a month ago I found myself in Sephora, as you do, and  happened to pick up the small 1.7 oz size of the popular charcoal mask by Origins. I've been interested in this mask for sometime now, as some of you might remember it being featured in my birthday wishlist post from last year. Origins is a wildly popular skin care brand, whose mission is to use natural ingredients to deliver high performing skin care products. Origins is committed to protecting the earth and it's resources, as they believe that the well being of our planet is mutually beneficial to those who inhabit it. Origins is a company with some strong values and beliefs that before I researched them I honestly thought that they were just another skin care manufacture that claimed to be all natural, boy was I wrong. I strongly recommend you give their mission statements a read it's quite interesting.

Their active charcoal mask claims to draw out deep rooted pore clogging debris  from one's skin leaving it free to breath easily, all while being formulated without parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. Let me just start off by saying that this mask does all that and then some. I notice a difference in my skin each and every time I use this stuff. Not only does it calm any active breakouts as well as speed up the healing the time but I've noticed that in a exactly one month's time my pores are now half the size. About two times a week, after I've cleansed my face, I apply a nickle size of the face mask all over focusing on my troubling areas like around my nose and along my jawline. I then let the mask sit and dry anywhere from 15-20 mins. I don't find that this mask is hard to remove whatsoever, I usually use warm water or a damp wash cloth.

Word on the street is that this mask helps with blackheads, now I'm not sure if that's true seeing as I don't have a problem with those. I mostly struggle with large clogged pores and breakouts, which this mask works wonders on. This mask is also formulated for all skin types and when used sparingly, as a little goes a long way, I can see this little 1.7 oz bottle lasting me well into the new year. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask retails for around $21-$29 CND depending on the size and can be found at Sephora or your local Origins counter.