Fancy Fragrance | Vera Wang Princess

Wednesday, October 22, 2014



 Something thing that I always look forward to in autumn is wearing my favourite fall fragrances. One that I particularly look forward to wearing every year is Vera Wang Princess. I've had this fragrance for years and as you can see, from the above photo, it is well loved. I wasn't sure if I would do a fancy fragrance post for this perfume seeing as I've had it for years but then I figured why not, I'm just as in love with it now as I was then.

Vera Wang released the original princess fragrance back in 2006 and as I remember it was the it perfume at the time as it was wildly popular with a lot of girls at my school. Since then Wang has released many limited edition variations of their signature scent; preppy princess, flower princess, and rock princess too name a few. At first sniff this fragrance smells really musky and warm but after a little research and finding out what the actual notes are I was a little taken aback. This perfume contains main notes of mandarin orange, apple, dark chocolate, and tuberose; which interestingly despite it's name, the tuberose bares no resemblance to an actual rose, but is more similar to orange blossoms and produces a creamier scent. There are also strong base notes of amber and vanilla which I can only assume is the reason for the overall warm and musky scent that I find so noticeable in the fragrance seeing as the fruitier notes aren't as easily recognizable.

I wouldn't say that this is the most versatile fragrance that I own as it is quite sweet and youthful but I do enjoy it immensely. The longevity of this fragrance is like no other. I can apply this perfume in the morning and the scent will still be apparent by the end of the day. Don't even get me started about my scarves, my winter scarf locks hold of this scent so well that until I wash it the scent is embedded into the fabric. The price of this perfume varies depending on the size of the bottle and the retailer it's self and by the looks of it I may need another bottle sooner than I thought or else I'm going to have to use it sparingly throughout the winter.