August Favourites '14

Monday, September 08, 2014



Oh August, the most under appreciated month. I can actually say that because I thoroughly dislike the month of August, with it signifying the end of summer, the end of long nights and sunny days, you know all that glorious stuff we long for in the summer time and then take for granted once it finally arrives. Now as much as I dislike the month as a whole it actually has some benefits, like the notion that fall is fast approaching. All in all I actually had a pretty decent month, so without further ado here are my monthly favourites for the month of August.

  • MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, this month I was perusing my local mac counter and picked up one of their popular pro longwear concealers in the shade NW40. I've been using this concealer along side of my beauty blender under my eyes to brighten my overall face. I've been loving the results so far and my beauty blender just seems to go hand in hand with it, I truly understand the hype surround this product. Of course let me know if you would like a separate review.
  
  • L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara, this probably comes as no surprise, but yes I tried L'Oreal's latest mascara and I like it so much that I included it in my favourites. If you've been following me for a while you know that I am obsessed with all of L'Oreal's Voluminous mascaras and even though I still end up preferring their voluminous million lashes version I still venture out and try the others. As always their mascara formula is like no other and I truly believe it is what makes all of their mascaras so awesome. See my initial first impression here.

  • Sephora Mini Lipglosses in Perfect Nude & Fresh Peach, a couple weeks ago in a moment of inspiration I decided to go through my makeup collection and purge a bit of unloved and unused products to refresh and and renew my collection. Don't expect a big reveal or anything I mostly tossed out old lippies that were well past their prime. I did in fact rediscover a set of Sephora glosses that were still in their packaging, which I swiftly reopened and displayed right on top of my stash to get some loving; which is exactly what happened. Upon rediscovery I've become obsessed with two glosses, perfect nude and fresh peach, and have been interchanging them daily.
  
  • The Body Shop Silky Camomile Cleansing Oil, yes it is true I have converted, I am now a cleansing oil fan; seriously how could you not be it removes even your most waterproof makeup in a blink of an eye. This is the first skin care product I've tried from the body shop and I am truly amazed. I've heard the good things but I had to see it for myself. Cleansing oils have now become and staple in my routine and it's all thanks to this one right here. Did I mention how inexpensive this one is, my goodness it's a dream. You can check out my full review here.

  • Nike Sport's Band, I've received this Nike sports watch from a close family friend and I adore it. Last year in an attempt to become more active I started jogging and it's something that I continued this year as well. The cool thing about this watch is that it has a sensor that you place in the sole of you running shoes and it measures things like your distance, pace and the duration of your run. The face of the watch is also a USB which you can remove and insert into your computer and upload all your recent data onto your online Nike profile. Pretty cool huh? I've been using this little gadget every time I go jogging and I can't help but feel all sporty.

  • Books: Kevin Kwan Crazy Rich Asians, my book favourite of the month goes to the debut novel by Kevin Kwan, Crazy Rich Asians. The light hearten story about an ultra-rich Chinese family from Singapore whose hire to the fortune brings home his American born Chinese girlfriend home for the summer. I found this book to be surprisingly funny and although I have my gripes with some aspects of the story I thoroughly enjoyed the novel. You can check out my full book review here.
 
  • Event: One Direction Concert, my final favourite of the month occurred way back at the beginning and it is attending the One Direction Concert at the Rogers Center. Oh yeah that's right 1D kicked off the first leg of their Where We Are North American tour here in my home town Toronto with two back to back sold out shows. I danced, I sang, and I screamed my head off to my favourite band as they put on a kick ass performance that I wont ever forget. For concert pics and to see what I wore to the concert check out my OOTD post here.


Well that concludes my monthly favourites for August, I guess there's nothing left to say beside so long August see ya next year. Oh and let me know a few of your monthly favourites.