What is My Face Worth?

Monday, August 18, 2014



Getting ready is by far my favourite part of the day, and I even developed a pretty solid natural routine which consist of some of my holy grail products. As I stated in my makeup timer tag, I am not a professional mua nor am I all that skilled at applying makeup, but all that aside I love it the pure aspect of putting my face on and primping in general; which is why today I wanted to do the how much is my face worth? post This post has become pretty popular and has been making the rounds over here on the blogasphere so I decided to get in on the action. This post is not intended to be bumptious or boastful by any means, I am simply sharing how much my everyday makeup look would cost if I were to go out and repurchase it all. Anway, I will now proceed by each major section. Please note that all prices are in CND and are before taxes.


FACE: Smashbox Photo Ready Primer ($19) // Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation ($44) // Maybelline Fit Me Concealer ($12) // Make Up For Ever HD Setting Powder ($39) // MAC Sea Me, Hear Me Extra Dimension Blush ($37) 

EYES: Too Faced Shadow Insurance ($24) // Maybilline Chai Latte Qaud ($10) // L'Oreal Liquid Eyeliner ($9) // Bonnebell Eyebrow pencil ($1) // L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara ($12)

LIPS: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Snow Pink ($9)


TOTAL: $216 


So in total, my entire makeup routine would cost me around $216 CND before tax if I were to repurchase it all in one go. I know there is probably some room for error in this because I'm just going off of my memory of when I purchased a particular product and I know that some drugstore products vary in price depending on the store but all in all I think this is a pretty good estimate of my face's worth considering the mix of highend and drugstore products. As you can see I like to invest in my base products as I believe that you do in fact pay for quality, 'cause when you have acne prone skin like me what makeup you apply matters a lot more than you think. I also believe that once you have established a flawless base the rest can sort of take a back seat, as most days I don't like to spend too much time fussing with eyeshadow. I pretty happy with my everyday makeup routine as it is made up of products that I love and enjoy using, which is why I don't so much as bat and eye when I see the grand total, because I am truly getting my money's worth.. well that and I know for a fact that I could never go out and drop that much on makeup in one sitting, and all of these products have been acquired over time. Maybe one day I'll have a shopping spree where I'm able to do this type of damage, I mean a couple of minutes inside Sephora and this could easily happen.

So ladies, tell me what is your face worth?

 

1 comment :

  1. I'm a bit of a nosy parker so I love seeing what other people use on the daily! haha I took inspiration from your post if you wanna see what I use everyday :) http://www.celine-maree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete