The Weekend | Take it Easy

Monday, August 11, 2014




It's been a while since I've posted a weekend lifestyle post, I know I said I wanted to make them a regular weekly feature on here, but I honestly don't think it will possible. As I said before the weekends are usually really busy for me as most of the time I'm working. Remember a few weeks back I shared the news that I would be leaving my new/old job as I got offered a new position at one of the local grocery stores; yes, while that job as been a stressful transition.

Allow me to explain. I really like certain aspects of my new job, I mean I love that I get to learn to skills and have the opportunity to do something completely different than what I was used to, but the fact that us new trainees have been shoved (for lack of a better word) into the mix without any real guidance is ridiculous, unprofessional and quite frankly dangerous. Okay, I don't want to launch into a full on rant because for the most part I know what I am capable of and I'm well versed in thinking for myself and asking questions when needed and basically I'm managing just fine there. I've even received a couple compliments on my performance, and what I hear from some of the other staff is that the training (or lack there of) as always been this dubious. So, I'll try to relax and focus on the task at hand. I obvious know that it's going to take a bit to get adjusted in my new job and I just have to remember that all I have to do is my best.

Anyway, a side for the slight stressful experience I've encounter at work I spent the majority of my weekend enjoying the remaining days of summer and taking it easy. I spent a really chill Saturday at home including a morning run, and afternoon spent watching tennis and baking and an evening of reading. I know, I know I sound like an old women. While most people my age are out at bars and drinking heavily I prefer a quite night in reading. Sunday came and went as I spent the morning half at work and the afternoon hanging out with the family at the Taste of The Danforth, which is a really cool street festival in a predominantly Greek neighborhood. We walked up and down the street snacking on a few delicacies before dinning at a really nice restaurant, I had pork souvlaki and it was the best pork souvlaki I've ever had. My family and I go to this street festival almost very year and every year it makes me want to visit Greece more and more. After dinner we walked around a bit more then headed home as the weekend has come to an end. Of course no Sunday would be complete without an episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians, which is exactly how I ended my night. Sorry there are no photos from dinner, I honestly forgot. Please forgive me.

What did you do this weekend? How are you spending the rest of your summer?
  

No comments :

Post a Comment