Lovin' Lately #1: Sephora Glosses

Friday, August 29, 2014




Earlier this week after a moment of inspiration I decided to go through my makeup collection and clear out all the products that I lost interest in, are out of date and expired and just revamp my overall organization. Now I know what you're thinking, that's neat an all but wheres the organizational blog post, complete will the photos of your hordes of makeup? Well that's just it, I don't have hordes of makeup nor a huge makeup stash to share. Nope, I have a perfectly proportionate makeup collection that I love and use well. What I mostly did this week was clear out all my old lippies and retire a few that I'm no longer in love with. I grew out of the overly sparkly glossy lips phase that I was once in during elementary/ highschool. As time goes on old lippies (mostly glosses) can harbor a load of bacteria which isn't good, so off to the trash they went.

Don't get me wrong I still own a ton of lip products but I definitely feel better knowing that I managed to part with as many as I did, and while I was rummaging through my collection I found this set of mini Sephora lipglosses hiding in the back, still in their original packaging. I believe I got this set a few Christmases ago, most likely a gift from my step mom as she is the only one in my family who loves makeup as much as me. Anyway, I quickly removed the glosses from their packaging and placed them on top in my collection so that I begin to use them. I've owned a couple of glosses from Sephora's self titled range so I know how creamy and long wearing some of them are, I just can't for the life of me figure out what these were doing pushed to the side and neglected for so long.

I can't remember the exact name of the set but it doesn't matter because I'm sure Sephora will release another gloss set like it around the Holidays. As you can see from the photos above the set comes with eight glosses, two pinks, three nudes, and three darker shades all ranging from cream to shimmer to just a little bit of glitter (why yes I am talking about that second pink shade). I have yet to try out all of these glosses, I think I'll get a lot more use out of the darker shades when we get into Autumn, but for the most part they are pretty sheer but the overall colour can be build upon. I'm actually quite fond of the second nude shade and I think it might be my new go to gloss, oh and I also gifted the gold gloss to my mom because it suites her colour much more.

What do think of this gloss set? Do you often rediscover old favourites buried in your very own collection? Perhaps I'll start a new series of post where I shop my stash and incorporate products that I might have forgotten about.    

2 comments :

  1. I wish I could get to Sephora, it's definately my first stop when I travel to America!

    www.amelialovesss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a shame, I don't know why they don't just expand into all of Europe, including the UK. Well at least they ship there now.

      xo, Janiecy

      Delete