July Favourites '14

Wednesday, July 30, 2014



Okay, where did the month of July go? I don't know about you but this month just flew by, I mean the summer is almost over and I have no recollection of it. Well, I did spend a chunk of summer working, job hunting and when I wasn't doing either of those two things I had my nose in a book; and this past month was no exception. Although I don't have a lot of favourites this month I thought I would share what I do have.


  • Tarte Lipsurgent in Sweet, you guys all know how much I love these lip crayons by Tarte and this one in particular has been featured on here many times now, but it's just a natural baby pink colour. I'm pretty sure I've worn this lip pencil everyday this month (everyday that I actually wore makeup that is) and I wouldn't have it any other way since the formula is so breathtaking.

  • Stila Lipglaze in Grapefruit, on top of that lip crayon I've been wearing this Stila lipglaze. The shades go really well with each other and the lipgloss adds the perfect glossy finish to my lips.

  • Victoria Secret Bombshell Perfume, again if you been reader of mine for a while now my love for this VS fragrance will come as no surprise to you. In terms of summer scents Victoria Secret Bombshell is one that I go back to every year. Not only does it have the right combination of two of my favourite scent profiles, Peony and Orchid, it is also versatile as I can wear it both day and night.

  • Revlon Flirt Nail Polish, this lavender nail polish was featured in a manicure of moment post earlier this month and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. See what post I'm talking about here. It was a really fun look, different than anything I would usually do.I'm a big fan of glitter but I'm not adventurous enough for all out glitter nails, maybe on my birthday perhaps.

  • Food: Stride Sour Patch Kids Gum, I kept hearing about this gum but I could never find it in stores until this month. That's when I picked it up and gave it a try and honestly it tastes just like how you would expect it to. Sour Patch Kids are my favourite kind of Maynard candy so for them to team up with Stride was pretty cool. Keep in mind that like any other flavored gum it does lose flavor fairly quickly but it's all good just pop another piece into your mouth and continue chewing.

  • Books: James Dashner's The Maze Runner Saga, this is probably my most exciting favourite of the month. The Maze Runner is another wildly popular dystopian novel the follows a boy named Thomas who wakes up in a caged elevator and doesn't remember a single thing. Upon his arrival, Thomas is faced with a large crowd of boys all who have had their own memories wiped. Soon after they meet another new arrival, this time its a girl, who deliverers a cryptic message that changes everything. For a more detailed review see my latest book review here. This was one action packed series, the author does a great job at creating such likeable and dynamic characters.

  • Random: My Mini Bedroom Redo, my final favourite of the month has to be my not so new bedroom. Some of you may know that around this time last year my family and I moved house, so naturally a bedroom makeover was in the works for me. This past month I primed and painted my room and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. For before and after photos see this post here.


So those are my favourites of the month. Again I can't believe how fast the month has gone by. Don't forget to leave a comment telling me some of your favourites for the month of July.