7 Things to Do When You're in a MOOD

Monday, July 07, 2014


Sorry for the lack of posts last week I sort of took a small break from blogging; which was for the best considering I wasn't in the best place or the best mind set for blogging. I don't know about you but I hate writing when I'm upset, I feel like my mood is a direct correlation with how my posts turn out. If I'm writing in a bad mood I feel like my posts won't be as enjoyable for you all and I won't enjoy the process nearly as much. Which brings us to today's post; 7 Things to Do When You're in a Mood. You know those moods you find yourself in when your upset without really knowing why? Well are a few things I like to do when I find myself in that predicament.

Listen to Music 
listening to music makes everything better, so this one is kind of a give in. Sometimes you need to block out the world, put your headphones in and listen to your favourite band or artist. Whether it's the lyrics or the melody I garment you'll be feeling better by the second song.

Exercise 
exercise is a natural mood booster, which is due to the endorphins that are set off in your brain when you working up a sweat. So next time you find yourself in a mood grab your running shoes and go for a run. 

Read
okay so I basically use any and every excuse there is to read but sometimes the best thing to do when you're in a mood is to get out of head and get lost in a good book. So next time you're feeling down and or upset forget your troubles pick up one of your favourite novels.
 
Bake 
again this may just be something that I personally like to do when I'm upset but I love to bake and when I'm not feeling like myself I like to focus all my attention into creating something yummy.

Indulge 
This could be anything. When you find yourself feeling down and out, indulge is something you really like. It could be an activity you don't usually get time to do, like pampering yourself, or enjoying some extra tv time. It's whatever you like, treat yourself.

Retail Therapy
This is another give in for all the shopaholics out there; but as one my favourites once said "sometimes a girl just needs some candy and a shopping spree." -Ariana Grande. Yes that's right right never underestimate the power of a good shopping trip, but also remember that material possessions aren't everything.

Count Your Blessings
and the final thing I like to do when I find myself in a mood is to count my blessings. Now I'm not saying that you don't deserve to feel upset because there is someone who most likely has it worse than you; no, you deserve to feel anyway you do because your feelings are valid. What I am saying is that when you feel like everything is going south and there's no good in your life stop and think about all the different ways in which you are blessed. Like being blessed with good health, a loving and supporting family and even day to day things that we often take for granted; like roof over your head and clean drinking water. Sometimes when we stop and think about all we have to be happy about we can often learn that whatever we were upset about prior isn't even a big deal.


Those were just a few things I like to do when I find myself in a mood, let me know what you like to do to cheer yourself up in the comment section below. Also let me know if you like these types of lifestyle post, I'm thinking about including more of them on my site.

No comments :

Post a Comment