The Weekend | 'There is no Shortage of Fault to be Found amid Our Stars'

Monday, June 09, 2014



I know it's been a hot minute since I've done weekend post, but like I said in my previous one I don't get up to much on the weekends since you can usually find me working. I'm also sorry to say that this weekend has been a huge bummer for me as everything just seemed to be messed and nothing was really going my way. I don't like to share any negativity here on my site as I find that blogging is my escape and it's the one thing I can turn to to clear my head and dismiss anything that has me feeling down. That being said I thought I would share a brief overview of what I got up to that has put me in better spirits; my way of focusing on the good.

I spent Friday and most of Saturday at work. Remember in my last post when I touched upon my situation at my new/old job? Where after thinking for a few months that I would be unemployed effected imminently, once the new owners took over, I was actually one in a few employees chosen to be hired back, nice right? Despite being back working there for a month and half things are still a bit rocky which makes for anxious shifts that leave me feeling nostalgic of former times. Again I don't want to go too much in detail about it all but I've just been feeling anxious and strained from the whole experience, though I am trying to stay fairly optimistic that things will take a turn for the better but I guess only time will tell.

I spent Saturday evening and the majority of my Sunday reading in bed. I started a new novel this weekend and I have that new book fire lit and going strong, oh you know the feeling you get when you start a new book and you're absolutely engrossed in the story, the characters, and you desperately want to know how it all ends. Ha to say I get that feeling a lot would be an understatement.  Anyway, you can expect a full book review in the up coming weeks once I'm finished reading.

Onto the exciting news, the part that made my whole weekend worth while, the part that the title of this post is dedicated to. On Friday the movie I've been waiting for since I read the book this time last summer has finally been released. Yes, that's right I saw The Fault in our Stars Movie and it was amazing. I can't get over how sweet and genuine the story is. If you're not familiar with the plot (and you didn't read my review on the book lol) essentially the story is about two extraordinary cancer patients who open up to each other and fall in love, despite knowing that one way or another it will end in heartbreak and turmoil. So if you couldn't guess it it is indeed a rom-com. I don't want to go into a full review of the movie but just know that you have to both read the book and watch the film, it doesn't even matter what order, though I'm a big fan of book first, movie second.

So what did you do this weekend? Did you see The Fault in our Stars, or do you plan on reading the book first? 

No comments :

Post a Comment