June Favourites '14

Friday, June 27, 2014



Today I have my monthly favourites for the month of June. As you know I skipped last month's favourites post because I didn't have any new products that I wanted to share because I was using the majority of the same stuff I mentioned in my April favourites.  So basically what I'm sharing here today is a collective version of my favourites for the month of May and June.

  • MAC Extra Dimension Blush in Sea Me, Hear Me, I picked up this blush a while back when MAC released their alluring aquatic collection. When I first laid eyes on the collection I fell in love with blush as well as it's packaging and just knew I had to get my hands on it, so I did. The blush is the perfect natural flush for my complexion and I love that I can easily wear it from season to season. See here for a full review.

  • Laura Mercier Tinted Moisterizer, I recently made the switch back to my Laura Mercier TM as a lighter base is key to beating the summer heat and I've been really enjoying using both my real technique buffing brush and my beauty blender to apply it; both give such a natural and seamless finish that I can't believe how long I went apply it with my fingers.

  • Stila Lipglaze in Fantasy,  a favourites post wouldn't be complete with me mention what lipgloss I've been wearing for most of the month, and this month it's this watermelon pink gloss from Stila. I own so many lipglazes from Stila, on account that I've gotten a lot of their lip sets over the holidays, but I especially like using the brighter ones during the Spring and Summer; because bright lips are much more fun around this time of year. This colour in particular is sort of a my lips but better shae, which I love.

  • Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola perfume, now that it's officially summer it's time to start wearing the appropriate scents, you know the girly floral ones that just don't feel right when it's negative 30 out? Yeah those ones. As of late I've been obsessed with wearing this Marc Jacobs perfume as it's the perfect mix of fruity and floral, which are my all time favourite combination in a good spring/summer scent. I reach for this fragrance every year at this time and 2014 will be not different.  

  • Beauty Blender Makeup Sponge, as I briefly mentioned above I've been obsessed with using this cosmetic sponge with my tinted moisturizer. I've heard people rave on and on about the miraculous effect of the beauty blender sponge but I never fully got the hype until I picked up one for myself. This sponge is a makeup lover best friend. It applies makeup so seamlessly to point were your skin actually looks like you skin, really flawless skin but skin nonetheless, which is perfect if you are someone who likes a natural. You can read my overall first impressions here

  • Food: Banana Nut Granola & Cucumber Water, my food favourites get weirder and weirder as the months go on but hey if I didn't love 'em so much I wouldn't include them. This past month I've been really liking eating yogurt and granola for breakfast, an afternoon snack and even dessert and this particular banana nut flavor is my holy grail; I sometimes eat it alone. In addition to eating yogurt and granola I've been obsessed with adding cucumber to my ice water. I don't know what it is but adding cucumber to one's water just makes it that much more refreshing. Oh, and cucumber water is also a good detox for the body which is really beneficial if you're looking to decrease bloating and shed a few pounds for the summer.    
 
  • Books: The Edge of Always, The Fault in our Stars & Gone Girl, I read a lot of books this past month but here are my favourite ones. In April I read J.A. Redmerski's novel The Edge of Never and I loved it so much that I vowed to read it's sequel The Edge of Always which was equally as amazing and heart felt. I didn't bother to review the sequel because I felt that it would give too much away and spoil the first novel, but if you want to read it I strongly suggest reading them in order. This past month I also reread The Fault in our Stars by John Green since the movie was being released this month I had to give it a second read and I'm just as in love with it as I first was. I reviewed the novel last year in my early stages of blogger, feel free to give it a read and see how my blog posts have progressed over time. The third novel I read this past month is Gone Girl by Gillian Fylnn which is a gripping novel full of suspense and mystery. I seriously mean it when I say 'if you read one book this year it should be that one' because it has everything going for it; drama, suspense, it's brilliant; don't believe me? Read my full review here, and did I mention that it's hitting the big screen later this year. 

  • TV Shows: Teen Wolf, PLL, Master Chef & SYTYCD, some say that watching tv during the summer isn't worth your time but I disagree and account that you just need to know what to watch. Teen Wolf and PLL have both returned with brand new seasons and I couldn't be happier, I honestly feel such a void when those shows aren't on. I've also really been in to watching some reality tv, shows like Master Chef and So You Think You Can Dance are always so enjoyable for me.

  • Movies: The Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men Days of Future Past & The Fault in our Stars, in addition to watching a lot of tv I've also seen a lot of movies in the past two months. Both The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and X-Men Days of Future Past were released in May and I've been saving them both in the back of my mind to talk about them here with you, now in all honestly I can't seem to remember any major points just that both were amazing films and I really enjoyed them. Now a movie I do remember vividly, because I just saw it a couple of weeks ago, is The Fault in our Stars. Yes that's right, the film adaption for the wonderfully heartfelt novel has finally been released and it could have been better. It may just be one of the best book to movie adaptions ever, right up there with The Notebook, The Perks of being a Wallflower, The Great Gatsby (the Remake that is) and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. If you haven't seen or read The Fault in our Stars I strongly suggest doing both.

And that concludes my favourites for the month of June. I told you I had a lot, that's what I get for skipping a month. As always leave a comment telling me what you've been loving this past month.