The Weekend | Positive Thinking

Monday, April 14, 2014



I'm back with another weekend post since I love creating the last one so much, but as I mentioned in that post I don't always get up to anything too interesting on my weekends since I'm usually working. That being said I thought I would share a snippet of what I've been up to this past weekend.

Saturday I spent the majority of my day at the hair salon getting a much needed trim. Seriously, when will I learn that I need to start taking better care of my split ends. In all honestly I try for like the first three weeks after my trim and then fall into old habits soon after, its a vicious cycle. Anyway, I spent the rest of my Saturday searching for new pants that fit within the new dress code assigned at my new/ old job. Why do I have a new/ old job you ask well let me elaborate a little.   

Two weeks ago was a hectic and confusing week as I had, what I originally thought was, my last shift at my part time job. Yes, that's right I almost lost my job on account of the company I was working for being taken over by a new one. That being said through a lot of positive thinking and good vibes sent out to the universe I was one of the chosen few to be rehired with the new owners. Whew, talk about catching a break right? Anyway, I don't want to go to much into detail since I'd like to keep that part private and separate from my site, but I will say that I am truly thankful that I was given the opportunity and that I am able to work alongside of the new owners, even though I'm a bit nervous for the change.

Since I'd been offered the position I needed to get my hands on a pair of black pants that I felt were suitable for my working conditions. If you're anything like me, I can be super picky about buying new pants, whether their denim or trousers or whatever, which I blame on the fact that I have really long legs and curves. On this quest for pants I knew exactly what I wanted I just had to find a pair that lived up to my expectations, which is my biggest problem when it comes to shopping. I wanted these pants to be durable, comfortable, contain pockets and most importantly they couldn't be skin tight; since I'd be working in them I didn't want anything to be distracting and or uncomfortable in the workplace. Anyway, after about four stores I found the perfect pair and it was a relief. Ha, please tell me you're just as picky as me, it will make me feel a lot better.   

I spent my Sunday reading in bed and I was even able to finish my latest book, expect a full book review in the up coming weeks. That same night I watched the Amazing Race with my family and I even tuned into the MTV Movie Awards, which went as expected. Though, I really enjoyed seeing the exclusive movie clips for The Fault In Our Stars, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and X-Men Days of Future Past, three movies I am over the moon excited to see this Spring/Summer.

So what did you get up to this weekend? Did you tune into the MTV Movie Awards, do you have a favourite part of the show? Which of the three movies are you looking forward to seeing the most, let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment