Happy Birthday xo.Janiecy.xo

Wednesday, April 30, 2014


Wow, I can't believe I'm even writing this post nor can I believe that today marks my one year anniversary, or my first blog birthday if you will, for xo.Janiecy.xo. Oh that's right, on this day exactly one year ago I took the plunge and created the very website you see before you and I couldn't be more happier that I did. When I first started blogging I had no idea how much I would love it; I was simply looking for creative hobby that I would enjoy and that would stimulate me creatively while I was on summer break.

What better way to celebrate than with a nice slice of cookie cake. c;

When I first set out on this blogging road I had so many questions and concerns and expectations I honestly didn't know where to start; well I guess I kind of knew, I needed to find an appropriate platform. At the time I only knew of two of potential blogging platforms, Blogger and WordPress, and for me the choice was obvious; as Blogger appeared to be the most common and easy to understand. Now a title was needed, this part is usually the hardest for some but again I already had a name in mind. I knew I wanted my name to be universal as I was already planning on blogging about more than just beauty & fashion, and I also knew I wanted to use my same twitter account as opposed to creating a new one; so Janiecyxo.blogspot.ca it was. That being said, the actual title of my site is in fact xo.Janiecy.xo, 'cause I honestly thought it looked and sounded cooler and it's also the same name as my tumblr, as you can tell I like for everything to be nice a cohesive.

In terms of expectations, every blogger has some even if they don't openly admit it. Everyone (including me) wants to establish a strong following right from the start and that just isn't possible, as I now know. Though I sometimes can't help but envy those bloggers that started around the same time as I and who already attracted such a grand audience. Please forgive me for my contradictory statement as I am speaking completely and 100% open and honest with you. But for those times when I find myself getting caught up in the number game I like to take a step back and remember how far I've come and that feeling I get when someone reads my posts, or takes the time to leave a nice comment or even follows my site. There are no words I can use to express that awesome feeling, but here are a few anyway: giddy, excited, butterflies, ecstatic, warmth, admiration, love, lust ;) okay I think that's enough, lol.

Writing this blog has become such a joy for me and I can't wait to continue providing the best content possible and having the best time imaginable. Now for the sappy part, I want to take this time to thank all of my lovely readers, your support means that absolute world to me. Whenever I see a familiar name or profile picture in my comment section I can't help but gush; you honestly have no idea how much it means to me that any of you are even remotely interested in my rambling thoughts on beauty, fashion and my ever so exciting life. So here's to another year of fun!!

*confetti cannon goes off along with the pyrotechnics and a southern gospel choir rejoices*

2 comments :

  1. Happy birthday lovely :D it's an amazing feeling isn't it?! Here's to another year :D xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma, it is an awesome feeling. c:

      xo, Janiecy

      Delete