March Favourites '14

Monday, March 31, 2014


I have unintentionally started a habit of doing favourite posts every few months and for that I am sincerely sorry. I don't know what it is, it might be because a lot of time whatever I happen to be loving at the moment I always end up carrying it over to the next month and nobody likes a broken record. Anyway, onto my favourite products for the month of March.

  • Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, I finally caved in and bought this foundation after I've heard nothing but good things about it, I now fully understand the hype the surrounds this foundation. I'm not going to go on and on about the foundation here 'cause I have a full review on it, which you can read here.

  • Tarte Lip Surgent in Exposed, which might actually be my top favourite lipstick that I own; honestly it's that amazing. Exposed is a pink toned nude that is wearable and looks great any time of year. It's also a matte finish which is a trend that I have gotten more and more involved with this month. I also have an updated face routine that features this lipstick, as well as the foundation I mentioned previously. You can read that post here.

  • M.A.C Lipgloss in  Lilacrush, on the days that I'm not feeling matte lips I've been liking wearing this gloss from M.A.C.. Occasionally I'll wear it on top of the Tarte lipstick or on it's own, both look equally as good. The gloss is a sheer version of the lipstick and when added on top it makes the pink tone in both the lipstick and the gloss more noticeable. 

  • NARS Taos Blush, I love wearing blush in the spring time as I feel like it just perks you up and adds so warmth to your face when we're all itching for some sun. I bought this blush sometime last year and I'm still loving it as of now.

  • Beautiful Disaster Novel by Jamie McGuire, I read two books this past month and this one by Jamie McGuire has to be my favourite. It's a really interesting story of a girl who leaves home in attempt to escape her past. She eventually ends up falling in love with a guy who is exactly what she needs to avoid to successfully start off her new life. This book is truly addictive read, that will have you instantly hooked. For a full review of the novel, see my post here.

  • Bath and Body Works Sparkling Icicles Candle, at last I've finished my final holiday candle a you know what that means, I finally get to stock up on spring scents. Anyway, back to the scent at hand. Sparkling icicles is a bit of a spicier scent than what I'm used to and it actually reminds me of a sort of fresh smelling cologne. Okay how single must you be to purchase a candle that smells like cologne or just hot men in general, pretty single eh? Yeah that's what I thought.

  • Cadbury Mini Eggs, hi my name is Janeese and I am a mini egg addict. There are no words to describe how much I love these little candy coated chocolate eggs, they're just magical. Nobody can successfully eat just one, and I know that for a fact because I've tried and fail at it multiple times. I'm actually on my second pack and I assure you I will ingest plenty more as we approach Easter.

  • TV Shows: Teen Wolf, I know I mentioned this show countless times already and if you follow me on twitter you would see me professing my love, through tweets, for Dylan O'Brien who stars on the show. Anyway, the season finale for season three just air a little over a week ago and I am still not over it. Season was the most intense, frightful and suspenseful season to date. Every episode left me in awe at how amazing the entire cast is and I'm looking forward to what season four has to offer. If you don't watch Teen Wolf I recommend that you hop on the bandwagon and start. Though keep in mind that the first season is a whee bit rough and that it gets better, honest.

  • Movies: The Spectacular Now & Divergent, finally my two movie faves for the month of March coincidentally stars two of the same actors in both films. Shailene Woodly and Miles Teller star in both The Spectacular Now and the Divergent movie. It is no news to anyway how much I love the Divergent book series and seeing and see the book be brought to life on the big screen is hands down one my highlights of not just the month but the year, big statement? I think not. I also really enjoyed The Spectacular Now. I found it to be a pretty good representation of those final months or so of school where you're trying to decide what comes next and plan for your future. I think a lot of people can you relate to that aspect of the film, not to mention, Shailene and Miles' acting was on point.

 So that's all my favourites for the month of March, leave a comment telling me what you've been loving.