Book Review | Beautiful Disaster

Friday, March 07, 2014



As much as I love writing reviews on the novel I read and sharing them with you all, the fact that I am writing one on this book is crazy because I honestly just got it. I mean I haven't even owned this book for a week yet, seriously, from the time I've purchased it, read it, and wrote this it has been a grand total of five days. Yeah I know I have a problem with excessive speed reading but I can't help it when a book is this addictive I have to dive in head first; there's no room for testing the waters.

Anyway back to the novel at hand, this book is called Beautiful Disaster and is by Jamie McGuire. Beautiful Disaster is the story of Abby Abernathy a freshman at Eastern University who is on the run from her past and is determine to build a new identity for herself as well as have the typical college experience. Abby with her  life long best friend America by her side move from Kansas to their new home at Eastern U but once they arrive they are soon introduced to the school's secret fight club and the man behind it all Travis Maddox. Travis is everything that Abby is trying desperately to get away from, and despite her resistance he is soon intrigued by Abby and her mysterious past; he even tricks her into a bet that states if she win's he'll abstain from his usual past time for a month and if he wins she has to move in with him for the same duration of time. Travis believes that he has this bet down but he ultimately has no idea what he's getting himself into.

This book was an emotional rollercoaster and as someone who gets as emotionally invested to characters as I do when I was finished reading I have to admit I was exhausted, and not just from the speed reading. Abby and Travis on their own both have some serious issues but together in a relationship they were passionate, erratic and well in love. Love isn't always pretty sometimes it's messy but that doesn't make it mean less it just makes it more, I don't know, intense I guess. Either way you will become instantly hooked after the first two chapters and by the end you will hate it or love it. Regardless I quite enjoyed this book, I like that it was different from anything else that I've read or would usually read and that the characters challenged each other even if their unpredictable relationship was sometimes painful to watch/read.

As usual let me know what you think and if you have any recommendations for what I should read next feel free to leave them below. I also recently started The Mortal Instruments Series and I'm unsure if I should do a review post after each book or after I've completed the entire series, let me know what you think I should do.

No comments :

Post a Comment