Fancy Fragrances | Chloe

Monday, January 27, 2014



 It's been a while since I've done a fancy fragrance post and today I'm back with another one. This post is dedicated to the Chloe Rollerball I received for Christmas from my Dad and Step Mom. Chloe is the self titled fragrance from the French Fashion House Chloe, who first released this perfume back in 1975, but after a bit of remixing they re-released a sweetened version in 2008. Chloe now has 4 different variations of their original fragrance, but the one I have is the original rollerball.


At first sniff this fragrance contains strong notes of Peony, Freesia, Lychee and Amber, now if you've read my very first fancy fragrance posts, check it out here, you'll know that I absolutely love the smell of peonies, and they are actually my favorite type of flowers, so naturally I'm attracted to any fragrance that contains it. I also love the amber scent it gives the perfume and warm and mature sense that makes this the perfect winter scent. The inclusion of freesia acts as a balancing scent that not only provides a spiciness but also a slight freshness to a fragrance; while the lychee provides a juicy and fruitiness to fragrances. So that spicy fruity scent you smell at first sniff is due to the freesia and the lychee notes.

This fragrance is very versatile and can be worn from day to night or daily throughout the colder months and at night during the warmer ones. The longevity of this perfume is surprisingly amazing and I think that has something to do with the fact that for such a strong scent at first application, it fades to a very lite but still noticeable scent throughout the day, which is something that I personally love.

The retail price for this perfume varies depending on the size of the bottle but I do know that the Rollerball can be purchased for around $30 CND at Sephora and I have a feeling that I'll be saving up to buy the full size when my rollerball is nearing the end.