Book Review: An Abundance of Katherines

Wednesday, November 20, 2013


Oh look I read another John Green book, say it ain't so. Sorry but it is. I picked this book up on a whim, back in October around my Birthday. I believe I mentioned it in my late birthday haul post, see here. Now more than a month later I am here to review it for you guys. I would just like to start off by saying that this is the least enjoyable and weirdest book I've had the pleasure of reading by Mr. Green so if your expecting an enthusiastic book review, like my previous one, I sorry to disappoint.


An Abundance of Katherines (AAOK) is told in by seventeen year-old prodigy Colin Singleton. At a young age Colin exhibited extraordinary knowledge that impressed not only his parents but his psychologist too, who soon on dubbed him a prodigy. After his High school graduation Colin is recently dumped by his lastest girlfriend, Katherine XIX. Over the span of his life Colin has dated, and been dumped by, over nineteen girls all named Katherine. Weird right? Hold on, it gets weirder.

After his most recent breakup Colin's best friends, Hassan Harbish, convinces him to take a road trip for the summer. On the road trip the boys stop in a small town in Tennessee were they meet a girl named Lindsey and her mother who offers the boys a place to stay in exchange for a small favor. During the duration of their stay Lindsey agrees to help Colin with his theory and soon after Colin begins to fall for her. Throughout the summer Colin and Lindsey grow closer and manage to complete the theory along with some wild adventures that could could only take place when two city boys head to the country.

I don't want to give too much of the story away, in case some of you are actually interested in reading it, I hate book spoilers and I'm not one to ever give them. Personally I was not a big fan of this novel, I found it to be really predicable and the story wasn't my cup of tea. I probably wouldn't recommend this book to anyone I know but hey you never know someone might find it enjoyable.
Let me know if you've read this book and how you liked it in the comments; and as always if you have any other book recommendation please feel free to share.

1 comment :

  1. I haven't read this one, but I'm so glad that you reviewed it. I think I'll pass on it. I've read a couple of his books and liked them so I'm sure I'll have luck with another. :)

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete